Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3878 days ago

26 posts - 40 votes
Speaks: English, Dutch*, German, Afrikaans
Studies: French, Spanish

Message 1 of 3
26 May 2015 at 4:44pm | IP Logged 
Well, time for a new challenge. I spent quite a bit of time on French and guess I`m
roughly in B2 territory. It would be nice to take it further, but I feel in the coming
time I need to concentrate on Spanish. Professionally, I may get an opportunity to go
abroad sometime in the coming years, the only certainty is that *if* this will happen
at all, it will be to a Spanish-speaking region, and my Spanish needs to be *as good
as possible* even before any actual offer pops up, so there. I spent some time on
Duolingo and revising vocabulary with Anki - and somehow tested a low B1 on the
Instituto Cervantes website. This is probably due to me being an excellent test-taker
and a very good reader. Good Spanish though? Not so much. Better get cracking for real
therefore. I`ll be using the Sueña course and the Gramatica de Uso series to revise
all Spanish up to B1 level up to November - then spend November to July working on B2
- for which I`ll add El Cronómetro B2 exam prepper, sitting the DELE B2 sometime in
the summer of next year. I guess it's doable if I don`t fall victim to wanderlusting.
Well, I'll keep you posted as to how this ambition is going to pan out!
1 person has voted this message useful

guiguixx1
Octoglot
Belgium
guillaumelp.wordpres
Joined 3894 days ago

163 posts - 207 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Dutch, Portuguese, Esperanto, German, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Polish, Mandarin

Message 2 of 3
26 May 2015 at 6:05pm | IP Logged 
I will be following your log. You can follow mine
if you want, I do Spanish and Dutch, and write in
both languages ;)

jayjayvp
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3878 days ago

26 posts - 40 votes
Speaks: English, Dutch*, German, Afrikaans
Studies: French, Spanish

Message 3 of 3
26 May 2015 at 6:55pm | IP Logged 
Thanks!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version