soclydeza85
United States
Joined 3688 days ago

357 posts - 502 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, French

Message 1 of 3
30 May 2015 at 2:31am | IP Logged 
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I figured this one would be best. I've wanted to go back and visit Europe as an adult now for a long time and I'm going to commit myself to doing so next summer before I go crazy.

I'd be going with my fiance, probably mostly in Germany and partly in Switzerland, for a total of maybe 10 days. We'll be in our early 30's, so the plan would probably be a mixture of sight seeing, exploring, some general "fun" purchases, maybe some nightlife and general relaxing.

Aside from airfare and lodging cost, how much money (in USD, EUR or franc) should I have set aside for these 10 days (a general amount)? I know the markets can fluctuate within a year, I'm just looking for a general amount to expect. Thanks!
1 person has voted this message useful

soclydeza85
United States
Joined 3688 days ago

357 posts - 502 votes 
Studies: German, French

Message 2 of 3
30 May 2015 at 2:52am | IP Logged 
Now thinking about it, I might make it just Germany for 7 days (I probably won't have the budget for Switzerland too).

For one person per day:
How much should one expect to spend on food each day? How much does a general, all around meal cost? How much does a beer or glass of wine cost?

How much should one expect to spend on travel (trains, taxis, etc) per day?

What would the cost be to visit things like museums, castles, other historical landmarks, etc.?

Also, what are some other suggestions for someone that's never been to Germany before? I'm still open to the suggestions for the original plan (including Switzerland) as well.

Edited by soclydeza85 on 30 May 2015 at 2:53am

Arthaey
Groupie
United States
arthaey.com
Joined 4827 days ago

97 posts - 155 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 3 of 3
31 May 2015 at 12:24am | IP Logged 
This is a language-learning forum, not a travel one. While I'm sure some users here might also have some
travel tips for you, I'd recommend posting your question on TripAdvisor's forums.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version