United States
goo.gl/UIdChYRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4461 days ago

1044 posts - 1823 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: Italian

Message 1 of 6
08 June 2015 at 3:13pm | IP Logged 
I listen to podcasts from RTVE pretty regularly on my drive to and from work. In fact, this is currently my main way of practicing my Spanish listening, which I do not have much time for otherwise. It works pretty well and I enjoy it. But I would also like to listen to people from other countries and hear other accents.

The problem I have is that with one exception (Radio Ambulante, which is decent) everything I have been able to find from Latin America is either very short (like ten minutes or less) or has terrible sound quality (talking 40 kbps MP3s or lots of clipping and static, I have enough problems understanding Spanish without dealing with that), or both. Ideally I would like to find something good from Colombia, which has my favorite Spanish to listen to, but at this point I am not going to be picky about the country. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Longish (30+ minutes) downloadable podcasts from Latin America with decent sound quality.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Medulin
Tetraglot
Croatia
Joined 4464 days ago

1199 posts - 2192 votes 
Speaks: Croatian*, English, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Norwegian, Hindi, Nepali

Message 2 of 6
13 June 2015 at 10:35pm | IP Logged 
My favorite radio station (Radio Power) has podcasts:

http://www.radiopower.com.ar/principal.php?device=desktop

Edited by Medulin on 13 June 2015 at 10:39pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

chrisphillips71
Groupie
United States
Joined 5032 days ago

64 posts - 86 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 3 of 6
16 June 2015 at 7:53pm | IP Logged 
Buenos Dias America (Voice of America) is very good. News for 30 minutes, five days a week.
1 person has voted this message useful

chrisphillips71
Groupie
United States
Joined 5032 days ago

64 posts - 86 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 4 of 6
16 June 2015 at 7:57pm | IP Logged 
Two more that I forgot about. BLU radio and Marti Noticias. These are both apps. Voice of
America (VOA) also has an app, but I usually listen to the podcast mentioned earlier.
1 person has voted this message useful

Juаn
Colombia
Joined 5141 days ago

727 posts - 1830 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*

Message 5 of 6
21 June 2015 at 4:06am | IP Logged 
I listen to La Hora de la Verdad almost every day. Of course you'd have to be interested in Colombian politics in order to make sense of it, but the quality of Spanish you'll find there is difficult to surpass, as Fernando Londoño is one of the great practitioners of the language.
3 persons have voted this message useful

solocricket
Tetraglot
Groupie
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3472 days ago

68 posts - 106 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, Icelandic, Korean, Polish

Message 6 of 6
01 July 2015 at 7:35pm | IP Logged 
I've recommended this elsewhere, but the Mexican podcast "company" (not sure what it is..) Podcasteria is very good. Search Podcasteria on iTunes and they have several podcasts, all of which are very high quality and about a half hour to an hour in length. I like Disruptivo, which covers small business topics, and Trendware, which covers new technology. Hope that helps!

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version