Joined 3791 days ago

16 posts - 29 votes
Speaks: Croatian*, Italian, French, English
Studies: German

Message 17 of 19
03 July 2015 at 9:48pm | IP Logged 
Week 3

Last days before summer break

My well deserved vacations start tomorrow and I plan three weeks of pure relaxation.
Does it include foreign languages? I don't know; no plans at all. I would like to read
some classics in my language - but who knows - maybe I will miss my language learning.
Anyway, it's a good thing to recharge the batteries from time to time.

In the meantime, here is my journal:

IT
The results of the written exam are great - more than 90%, even in the grammar
exercises. The oral presentation this week went well. I was speaking about a monument
in my home city, mainly about history (a lot of passato remoto and combination of
different past tenses, passive structures, etc were used) and the architecture
(technical vocabulary). The presentation was "spontaneous", I was speaking with my own
words about interesting things I found out from my research that included different
articles. From time to time I was missing the right word, but at this point I am able
to "skip" the word and start a new sentence with an explanation in a way that it seems
like a spontaneous change of thoughts.

My language course is over now; I will continue with my last level in October.

Last week I was writing here about Alessandro Baricco and his great lectures on you-
tube. Well, this week I continued with these lectures and I can recommend them all
(they are 4 or 5 and you can find them by searching: Baricco Palladium lectures): you
can choose between Tucidide (speaking about the wars between Athens and Sparta in the
contemporary context), Luigi XIV (philosophical discussion about time), Proust (see my
last log) and Kate Moss (actually, it's a bout the beauty of imperfection and the
biggest part is about Maria Callas and not just about Kate Moss).

Yesterday I was watching on Rai3 the live streaming of Premio Strega prize. It is the
most important Italian literary award and it was a good occasion to find out what's
new on book shelves in Italy. The show was hosted by Concita de Gregorio; I like her
clear and beautiful standard Italian (although she was born in Spain), so I spent some
time listening to her on you-tube speaking about the book she wrote together with her
son. Questi figli

FR
I had a small telephone conversation in French this week and it reminded me how much I
miss speaking it. I love the feeling when you finish the conversation and you want
more! :-) I am thinking a lot about taking a conversation course on Italki; I even
found a tutor but I never tried these online lessons...we'll see.

Some new articles on BibliObs this week, a couple of podcasts on FranceCulture...and
that's it.

Edited by Robierre on 03 July 2015 at 9:53pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Robierre
Tetraglot
Croatia
Joined 3791 days ago

16 posts - 29 votes

Message 18 of 19
26 July 2015 at 2:07am | IP Logged 
My three week summer break finishes tomorrow. I am full of energy now and can't wait to
continue my learning.

Edited by Robierre on 26 July 2015 at 11:43pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Robierre
Tetraglot
Croatia
Joined 3791 days ago

16 posts - 29 votes

Message 19 of 19
31 July 2015 at 11:56pm | IP Logged 
I'm currently writing here but I'll keep an eye on this thread also.

Edited by Robierre on 31 July 2015 at 11:56pm

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 19 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version