justpaste.it/kanewai
Joined 4683 days ago

1386 posts - 3054 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Marshallese
Studies: Italian, Spanish

Message 1 of 2
25 June 2015 at 4:38am | IP Logged 
The folks at PodClub
just released an iPad app for their Italian, French, German, Spanish, and English
podcasts, and so far it seems very useful.

I just learned about their Al dente! Italian podcast from nj24 a few
weeks ago. It's good, not amazing, but I've been using it a lot for three key reasons:
it's 100% in the target language, there are target-language transcripts for the
podcasts, and they are aimed at the A2/B1 level. It's hard to find resources at this
level - so I'll be sticking with this one for awhile.

It looks like all the transcripts are embedded in the app, but you need to either
stream the audio or save the episodes you like when you have a wireless connection.
It's well designed - very basic and user friendly.

The podcasts:

German: Andrea erzählt
Spanish: A mi aire
Italian: Al dente!
French: L'avis de Marie
English: Back in Wales

They also have a handful of Italian, German, and Swiss-German (Schwyzertütsch! That's
a cool looking word) podcasts in the archives.

Edited by kanewai on 25 June 2015 at 11:18pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

garyb
Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5001 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 2 of 2
25 June 2015 at 10:29am | IP Logged 
Thanks for the recommendation! I've listened to a few episodes of Al Dente, it's a little slow for my level but it seems excellent for A2/B1 as you say, especially for those wanting to work on listening comprehension since it has transcripts and the episodes are of a reasonable length. Unlike a lot of learner-oriented material, it covers quite a wide range of topics and the language is quite natural and not "dumbed down" even though it's deliberately slow and clear. Like you say it's hard to find good resources at that level.

I'll definitely check out the Spanish one when the time comes. In Spanish I find learner materials a bit too easy but proper films and TV a bit too hard, and podcasts like this seem ideal for starting to bridge that gap.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version