donJhon
Costa Rica
Joined 3275 days ago

5 posts - 10 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 3
26 July 2015 at 2:25am | IP Logged 
SIELE - Servicio International de EvaluaciĆ³n de la Lengua EspaƱola.

Will consist of four tests taken on-line at testing centers. At universities?
Upon completion of all four tests a certicate is granted. For now most of the test will be in Brasil, EE. UU. and China where most of the millions of students are located. Described as like TOEFL.

In EN - http://elpais.com/elpais/2015/07/01/inenglish/1435746068_261 485.html
En ES - http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2015/07/01/actualidad/1435 724745_571271.html

No mention of the classification system.
4 persons have voted this message useful

July
Diglot
Spain
Joined 5069 days ago

113 posts - 208 votes 
Speaks: English*, SpanishB2
Studies: French

Message 2 of 3
03 August 2015 at 4:33pm | IP Logged 
It sounds interesting, but like TOEFL it will probably be more useful for businesses than the
general population since the qualification only lasts 2 years. If you want a permanent
certificate, it will still be more useful to do the DELE which has no time limits.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4805 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 3 of 3
04 August 2015 at 1:35am | IP Logged 
Thanks for the information!

The links somehow didn't work for me, I found this: http://www.cervantes.es/sobre_instituto_cervantes/prensa/201 5/noticias/siele-presentacion-mexico.htm

I really like some parts of the idea. You can choose when to take the exam much more freely (even though the original DELE has still got much more flexibility than the French exams). You will get your results much faster than those of DELE (really, people wait whole three months to get to know whether they passed?), the oral part will be recorded, which should solve a problem some people have been complaining about and which apparently lead to theories about some centers letting people intentionally fail unless they had paid for useless preparatory courses.

Some people may welcome the attention paid to all the variants of Spanish. Well, that point isn't so important to me, since I focus on european Spanish anyways, but I suppose it is great news for many others.

What I dislike is the limited duration, I totally agree with July on that.

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version