United Kingdom
Joined 3154 days ago

61 posts - 75 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Spanish
Studies: Dutch

Message 9 of 11
23 August 2015 at 4:00pm | IP Logged 
I want to create modern fsi style courses for other people, not myself. A couple of years ago I sat down
with a solicitor in order to check the legality of doing so. That's how serious I am. "-)
3 persons have voted this message useful

garyb
Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4966 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 10 of 11
24 August 2015 at 12:16pm | IP Logged 
Cavesa wrote:

By the way, why would you necessarily need an FSI Italian course? If you are advanced enough to watch tv series in a language, you don't need beginner courses anymore. There are surely some monolingual courses, grammars and such tools that could aid you more. I certainly found such for my languages but I haven't had experience with Italian so far.

I'm just going by what I've read about FSI Spanish from James29 and other members, but I don't think it's just a "beginner course". It seems to be a very useful resource specifically for activating speaking skills at an intermediate level for someone who already has a decent passive knowledge, and there isn't really anything similar for Italian. The closest equivalent I've come up with is doing exercises from a grammar book aloud.
2 persons have voted this message useful

ExRN
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 3154 days ago

61 posts - 75 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Spanish
Studies: Dutch

Message 11 of 11
24 August 2015 at 1:12pm | IP Logged 
That platiquemos course is quality Gary. You can listen to that version rather than the fsi one without the
book. Really worth doing it. I will run through it again when I start university to brush up a little. I would
advise speaking out loud on the drills though. I never did, just answered in my head and it's probably the
reason my active skills aren't all that.

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version