Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
DrX
Ireland
Joined 3314 days ago

18 posts - 21 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 1 of 5
30 August 2015 at 4:41am | IP Logged 
I'm trying to find materials on Slovenian and can find only few. Are there any audio courses or courses with good audio with them? I read only the colloquial Slovenian and TY Slovenian are error ridden is there anything better?

Thanks
1 person has voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6703 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 5
30 August 2015 at 2:32pm | IP Logged 
Perhaps this keyword search can help you.

The Slovenian profile definitely has links to a lot of resources. If forum member Chung reads this, he can give you good advice.
2 persons have voted this message useful

DrX
Ireland
Joined 3314 days ago

18 posts - 21 votes

Message 3 of 5
30 August 2015 at 3:55pm | IP Logged 
Cheers!

carlyd
Groupie
United States
Joined 3783 days ago

94 posts - 138 votes 
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 4 of 5
03 September 2015 at 12:45am | IP Logged 
The Book Depository in England has 52 books on learning Slovenian.

http://www.bookdepository.com/category/271/Language-Teaching -and-Learning-other-Than-ELT?searchTerm=&searchSortBy=popula rity&category=&price=&availability=&searchLang=389

Zetko86
Heptaglot
Italy
Joined 4303 days ago

18 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: Slovenian, Italian*, English, Serbo-Croatian, FrenchB1, GermanB2, Russian
Studies: Japanese, Hungarian

Message 5 of 5
14 September 2015 at 3:17pm | IP Logged 
Most textbooks for teaching Slovenian (other that TY and colloquial) are monolingual and intended to be used in a classroom environment, however they can be used for autodidacts as well provided they know the basis of the language. Since I had the chance to teach Slovenian a couple of times I can recommend you the following books.

- Slovenska beseda v živo : učbenik za začetni tečaj slovenščine kot drugega/tujega jezika / Andreja Markovič ... [et al.]
Ljubljana : Znanstvena žalozba Filozofske fakultete : Centar za slovenščino kot drugi/tuji jezik (it's a series of books available in 3 volumes for different levels plus two workbooks).

- A, B, C ... 1, 2, 3, gremo : ucbenik za zacetnike na kratkih tecajih slovenscine kot drugega ali tujega jezika / Natasa Pirih Svetina, Andreja Ponikvar. - 3., prenovljena izd
Ljubljana : Center za slovenscino kot drugi/tuji jezik, pri Oddelku za slovenistiko Filozofske fakultete, 2008

- Gremo naprej : učbenik za nadaljevalce na tečajih slovenščine kot drugega ali tujega jezika / Ivana Petric Lasnik, Nataša Pirih Svetina, Andreja Ponikvar
Ljubljana : Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete, 2009

- Slovenščina od A do Ž : [učbenik za začetnike] / Rada Lečič
Cerkno : Gaya, 2013

The last book is Italian-based, however you may still learn something from it even if you can't read Italian.

Last but not least you may check this website:
http://bos.zrc-sazu.si/sskj.html
it contains the "Slovar slovenskega knjižnega jezika" i.e. the most complete monolingual Slovenian dictionary.

Edited by Zetko86 on 14 September 2015 at 3:19pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version