United Kingdom
rdearman.orgRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5017 days ago

881 posts - 1812 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, French, Mandarin

Message 9 of 13
12 September 2015 at 9:31pm | IP Logged 
I have checked the hosting and the access for the new site, doesn't seem to be a problem. I checked http://forum.language-learners.org for worldwide access.
https://www.site24x7.com/public/t/results-1442085834428.html
Bit slow in India.

It isn't blocked on any spam list (although that is mostly for email) and I can't find it on any blacklisting sites. So it would seem it is your IT department software blocking it. Some corporate systems block access to forums.

Speed is an issue sometimes because it is shared hosting, but hopefully we'll be able to sort that out shortly.
1 person has voted this message useful

kanewai
Triglot
United States
justpaste.it/kanewai
Joined 4670 days ago

1386 posts - 3054 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Marshallese
Studies: Italian, Spanish

Message 10 of 13
13 September 2015 at 3:22am | IP Logged 
Ahh sad! Thanks for checking.   For some reason our IT software classifies it as a game, not a forum. Which
is odd.

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 11 of 13
14 September 2015 at 1:26am | IP Logged 
I didn't know we had another websit I just sign up for that one but why two sites? Is this one closing?

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6378 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 12 of 13
14 September 2015 at 3:33am | IP Logged 
See the mods' statement. The community has no control over how long the current site stays available. Technically it can't be closed unless FX chooses to.

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5007 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 13 of 13
14 September 2015 at 10:06am | IP Logged 
kanewai wrote:
Just got back from three weeks away, and found that the new site is now blocked at work:

Block reason: Forbidden Category "Games"

So I really shouldn't be checking the site at work anyway, but ... I do. I'm not sure if this is an issue that is unique to our work servers, or if it's based on a tag embedded in the forum software.

It might be any of a number of reasons, mostly having to do with stupid tagging in filtering systems. I'd contact IT to report the site being mislabelled -- you'll be likely to find out what they're up to from their response, or be found out yourself ;)

This discussion contains 13 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version