Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3840 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 
Studies: German

Message 1 of 1
05 December 2015 at 10:36pm | IP Logged 
While exploring the Internet recently, I happened upon the website of the
Wake Forest University Language Resource Center. To be quite honest, this discovery was pure happenstance and I do not think that I could repeat the steps that lead me to the WFU website.

In any event, it appears that, while access to many of the languages materials is restricted to staff and registered students, a few are available to the public, most notably the rather extensive audio recordings accompanying the Student Activities Manuals (2nd Edition) of the Prentice-Hall-Pearson Brazilian and European Portuguese course “Ponto de Encontro”. I have searched the publisher’s website and the available information on Amazon and have also found a few references to this course on the HTLAL. However, it is not clear to me whether the transcripts to these audio recordings are available to the students or to the instructors only and, in any event, where they would be located. I have no problem with purchasing the appropriate course manual, I just need to know which one to buy. Given the presence of some discouraging students' comments that have been filed on Amazon, I would like to have the assurance that I will be able to recover the transcripts. Can anyone help me with this?

Here are the links to the audio recordings for the Student Activities Manuals:

Brasilian Portuguese
Link to WFU Brasilian Portuguese files

European Portuguese
Link to WFU European Portuguese files

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version