56 messages over 7 pages: 13 4 5 6 7  Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6378 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 9 of 56
08 January 2016 at 11:04pm | IP Logged 
I meant specifically the gerund not corresponding to -ing when it's not a verb form like I'm doing, I'm learning.
1 person has voted this message useful

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 10 of 56
10 January 2016 at 5:41am | IP Logged 
Hola todos,

Hoy yo fue en Netflix y mirando Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso la primera novela yo alguna vez
fue de 2008 en Telemundo. Es fue bien a ver la novela disponible en Nexflix ahora puedo
ver es de el comienzo. Gracias Netflix

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 11 of 56
14 January 2016 at 7:37pm | IP Logged 
Hola,

No estoy estupida! Duolingo es estupido por que creen yo no se que estoy haciendo.
Esta es que estoy hablando sobre. Example: Here is a little description en espanol: Aqui
esta un poco descripción.

Why did they mark it work because I use the wrong words. This is what they said is the
correct answer Aquí está una breve descripción.

No estoy loca tampoco!

Besos

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 12 of 56
24 January 2016 at 3:01am | IP Logged 
Hola,

So tonight I decided to start reading Berlitz Basic Spanish Book that my stepmother
sent me a couple of years ago that I never looked at. I finish reading the chapter one
not bad and I'm almost done with chapter two. There are twenty-four chapters so it
shouldn't take me to long to finish it if I stay focus on my goal which is to finish
reading this book. It might take me a minute but I'm excited about this since I really
haven't really put much time into my Spanish this week besides watching Sin Senos No
Hay Paraiso on Netflix which take care of my listening part of my Spanish learning. I
really am enjoying the show and am glad that I can watch it from the beginning compare
to when I first watch it in '08 in the middle of the show. Things are making sense to
me now that I am watching the beginning.
Yesterday I started to listening to Coffee Break Spanish I did like three whole
episodes and I stop in the middle of four and haven't had the change to finish that
up. I want to try and do that before the night ends. I like it so far and that pretty
cool I'm learning a lot from the podcast. I am still doing Duolingo but I'm not really
worry about doing their sentences anymore and I really could care less about it. I
think I might be better off doing Italian with Duolingo since I really don't have too
many resources for my Italian yet. But at the moment Italian is sitting on the back
burner until I figure out what I am doing with my Spanish and once I know what I am
doing with Spanish then I will work in Italian but for the time being I'm just
focusing on Spanish since it my first language I fell in love with.

Besos

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 13 of 56
24 January 2016 at 5:10pm | IP Logged 
Hola,

Last night I read the first three chapters of Berlitz Basic Spanish and I enjoy it but
I
think I will re-read them because I think I was just to excited about reading the
book. I
wasn't really studying just reading. I notice that there are characters in the
chapters I
didn't really notice until chapter three when I started laughing and I didn't really
know
but I like the conversation but it didn't sink it that I was having fun reading it.
Chapter three was also kind of tricky because there were some words I either didn't
know
or didn't know how to pronounce. Thank good for Spanishdict.com and google translate
for
pronunciation.

P.S. I am reading the chapters out loud to hear how I sound and since this book is for
beginners I'm just taking it all in before I go on to anything else at the moment.
Once I finish I don't know what my plan is but that won't be for a while so I don't
need to have a plan at the moment. I just enjoying really diving into Spanish this
year.

Besos

Edited by Rozzie on 24 January 2016 at 5:22pm

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 14 of 56
25 January 2016 at 9:39pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

So I did only one lesson in my Berlitz Basic Spanish Book because it has a lot of
information and I think I will give up on Duolingo for the time being because I think
it's not what I need at the moment. Doing just one sentence isn't really learning
anything and some of there sentences I don't understand because it's not in context. I
also uploaded the first disc of Berlitz Spanish Guaranteed into I-Tunes last night so
I can get more listening practice when I'm not watching Sin Senos.. along with Coffee
Break, which I didn't listen to last night so I still need to finish lesson 4 since I
didn't get to finish it last weekend. I think I have my language plan for Spanish and
I am very excited about it.

Here is it
1) Read from Berlitz Basic Spanish Book
2) Watch Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso
3) Listen to Coffee Break
4) Update my log!

What do you think? I think I have a good thing going I just need to stick with it. I'm
just so glad I finally have a plan about Spanish it's taken me a long time to get to
this point. I'm not going to give up now!

Besos
2 persons have voted this message useful

BOLIO
United States
Joined 4439 days ago

253 posts - 366 votes 

Message 15 of 56
25 January 2016 at 9:44pm | IP Logged 
Berlitz is a really nice graded reader or interlinear text. I love reading mine from time to time. Of course I forget things but I really like the method.

Read and Think Spanish is a really nice book with some really nice short stories. The nice thing is as you progress (Don't take that wrong as you might be further along the Spanish road than me) you can re-read the stories and really see your progress.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0071460349/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=3524 226756&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_4lyt9dmuj6_b

All the best,

BOLIO

Edited by BOLIO on 25 January 2016 at 9:45pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 16 of 56
26 January 2016 at 3:18am | IP Logged 
Thanks Bolio,

For the nice words.

Well I was looking at someone else's log and they were talking about
newsinslowspanish.com so I was wondering if they had it for Italian and they do. It's
a beginners course and I am very excited about it. So while I'm learning Spanish I can
now start kind of learning Italian.

Here the link to the person log about newsinslowspanish.com http://how-to-learn-any-
language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32397&PN=1&TPN=2

Besos

This discussion contains 56 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version