United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 25 of 56
30 March 2016 at 2:58am | IP Logged 
Hello,

I know it's been a minute since the last time I check in but believe it's been tough but
I got through my rough patch with language and back on track as of the last couple of
weeks. I really am enjoying Spanish at the moment and I don't know if I had a break
through or not. I am also enjoying Italian I really think it's start to stick just a
little. I put French on hold for the moment but don't worry I really dive into it once I
have a better understanding of Spanish and Italian. I just wanted to check it to say I'm
still working.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 26 of 56
03 April 2016 at 7:14pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

I am enjoying French this weekend.I am also enjoying memrise I can see why people on
Duoligo use it along there learning with Duo. I am love the journey.
1 person has voted this message useful

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 27 of 56
11 April 2016 at 12:42am | IP Logged 
Hello,

I had a very progress week I really got my fingers into the Berlitz Self-Teacher
Spanish book that I Order last fall. I work all week on lesson one and I really
enjoyed it. I put the vocab words into quizlet and really got a deep understanding of
the words I'm working with. Now for this upcoming week I'm going to use the sentence
they gave me and study those. I am losing a day of study next week because of a
friend's wedding but that's okay I need to have some fun right? But I really think
that Spanish will get a lot easier with Berlitz and I am kind of getting off of the
Duo train. I don't really care to much for it because of the way they are set up and I
like the book i'm using at the moment. All this week I really love language learning
so much that I didn't want to go to bed but I did. I think I did a lot of study
because I took yesterday off because I needed a day off. I listen to some Spanish
music today the Barrio Boyzz and I wasn't really actively trying to figure out what
they were saying. I don't want to at the moment I just needed another way of getting
my Spanish in this weekend. That was my treat today by listening to some Spanish
music. I review my flashcards and started on my sentences for next week. I can't wait
to see how good I am with using my vocab in sentence form works. I know how to say the
words but now let's see what they sound like in sentence form. I can't wait.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 28 of 56
12 April 2016 at 6:25am | IP Logged 
Hi,

So yesterday I was at the other website that is connected to this site and I was reading
about things that got me thinking that maybe I should get a new e-book for my kindle that
is on my IPad. Well I did and I think I jump the gun on this because I only read two
pages and I have ten words I didn't know from the two pages. I put the words in Quizlet
and I just feel like I need more vocab in my system before get another e-book and it was
a children series book. It was free on Amazon so I am glad I got it but I think I will
just continue to focus on vocab at the moment. Reading with come in times due.

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 29 of 56
12 April 2016 at 8:37pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

I feel pretty low today because I decided to move on to Lesson 2 vocab on my Berlitz Self
-Teacher and it's kicking my butt! I reviewing the vocab on Quizlet and there are like
three words I haven't figure out how to write yet. I know that I should just go back and
do the flashcards again until I get it but I thought I could do the learn section to see
where I stand. The first time I did I got 50% which was good I thought but as I keep
doing it I got more harder to remember how to spell the word. I will go back to the
flashcards until I feel I can do the learning section better. It will be a very long week
if I can't get past the learning section on Quizlet. I won't get up I will just stay calm
and get through it until my brain understand what I need it to do.

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 30 of 56
13 April 2016 at 5:29am | IP Logged 
Hi again,

Well I have been reading other people journals and it got me thinking how I could make my
language journey better. First I change my Berlitz step by step flashcards. I am doing the
instant conversations differently. Instead of having my card do one side Spanish and the other
side English I am going to do it like a real conversation between people. It will help me with
my Spanish and I just need something to work at this moment. I feel good about the changes I
did let's just hope it works.
I also did a little changes to the Berlitz self-teacher Spanish flash cards to so I am getting
myself step up for success. Wish me luck.

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 31 of 56
14 April 2016 at 2:31am | IP Logged 
Hello,

So tonight I am looking at my older sister Spanish books because she had to take a class that
required Spanish. The book is call Mosaicos and their are three books. I am looking at the
first one to see if there is anything I want to add to my learning of Spanish I am very
excited about this. I think I will add this on to my other books I have for Spanish. I could
be doing too much but I can do this. I'm in no rush to go anywhere so I have all the time in
the world. I'm in good health and by the time I finish this journey I will have learn a lot
about the language that I been listening to for twenty years.

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 32 of 56
14 April 2016 at 6:57pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

So I was at the other site and found a log that I love and here the link
http://forum.language-
learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1815

I really enjoyed reading that log so much that I am just reading my Step by Step Spanish
book and will input the vocab in later. Once I finish reading and inputting vocab then I
will move on to the next book. I will work my way down from there. I must thank Clare for
her idea and organization on how she organize her language learning. It's been a crazy week
for me this week because I just keep adding ideas this week and really didn't get too much
done. I did really last night my Step by Step Spanish out loud and there is only a few
words I didn't know how to pronounce which to me is pretty good. I got to step four in
reading. The instant conversations are interesting and I am enjoying just reading it and
now worrying about vocab or sentences at the moment. Once I finish I will go back and
really get my hand dirty sort of speak with this book. So Clare is my inspiration for the
week. I know I can make a dent in my language learning if Clare can do it so can I. I
bought a children book from amazon
ie=UTF8&psc=1">http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DRA4LCW /ref=nav_timeline_asin?
ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried to read it but I need to know more vocab I think or just understand my verbs better
but either way I won't start reading this until I finish reading the books I already have.
Then last night I got my sister Spanish school books and started reading the introduction
and it's okay but I think I will wait for finish reading that book. There are two more
textbooks behind that one so that's on the back burner at the moment. Like I said I had way
too many ideas and nothing was getting done. :(
I think my problem is that I want to get everything done at the same time and it's just
impossible to achieve when my brain is going at 1,000 miles a minute with ideas. So I am
just going to try and slow down so my brain understand this is a marathon not a sprint.

This discussion contains 56 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version