Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 41 of 56
24 April 2016 at 12:37am | IP Logged 
I finish leccion seis and started leccion siete. That's all I did today.
1 person has voted this message useful

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 42 of 56
26 April 2016 at 4:01am | IP Logged 
Hello,

This week I think I will focus on only one lesson per week to study. I am going to really
study lesson five this week and I might find time to finish up lesson 7. But that's not my
goal at the moment. The thing is that as I look at lesson five I know that this is where I
need to not rush because it's only going to get more intense from here. The last two lesson
where good but now the real work begins.

Un Beso

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 43 of 56
26 April 2016 at 9:51pm | IP Logged 
Hola,

I went to the library today and their Spanish program is still not in. But I think I might
know what it is. Oxford take off in Spanish. Why I think that is because they have two other
in the series Italian and Japanese. I went to Amazon and looked at it and I don't have the
money to get it at the moment but it's on my wish list. The reason why I want it is it told me
the different between Tu and Usted!

Edited by Rozzie on 26 April 2016 at 9:52pm

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 44 of 56
27 April 2016 at 5:55pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

It took four days to write out leccion siete! But I finish writing it on Lingq I am so
greatful. I don't know if I will start another leccion. I might just listen to six and seven
for the rest of the week. I am very happy to get leccion siste done.

Un beso

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 45 of 56
29 April 2016 at 9:07pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

Okay so today I was looking at someone log and Keith gave me a good idea. Before I tell you
let me post what he wrote in his log.

"I want to concentrate on one sentence at a time. In each new sentence I could learn maybe
two new words. So, I've decided to go back to the FSI material and create my own study
method from it. So I've started going through it, beginning with Module 1 and taking a
sentence a saving it by itself. This way, by looping one sentence, I can really concentrate
on a little bit. I focus on the new words, absorb the sound and intonation of the sentence,
and observe the pattern. One sentence is usually about one second long, so I listen to it
100 times. Of course, it still takes some time to find the sentences and then save them. So
far, I have 40 sentences consisting of 50 different words."

Well I am going through the rest of Keith logs and found this quote from him:

"This post marks the beginning of my training with Assimil. I did one hour on lesson 1. I
spent 15 minutes at a time on it. I have the lessons edited down to just the dialogue and
the spaces removed. So my lesson one is 15 seconds. I was able to loop through that 250
times."

Now I went back to my lesson 1 and really looked at it then now I am really studying lesson
1 like Keith did with his Chinese. So thanks Keith for making a log and telling everyone how
you are going to study.

Now that I showed you what he wrote I think I will go back and really work on my
pronunciation because if I want to learn speaking and listening is very important just like
reading and understanding is. So I went to one of my sites that I haven't been too in a
while. It's http://forvo.com/. It help with words so you can
pronounce words. This will help me in my Spanish a lot they have native speakers say the
words for you. Very convenient if you ask me. That's all for now.

Un Beso

Edited by Rozzie on 30 April 2016 at 12:10am

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 46 of 56
02 May 2016 at 10:05pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

I took off the weekend for language learning because I think I have been doing a lot the last
two weeks. I review lesson 1 this morning and listen to lesson 2 for 15 minutes today. I even
spoke with the record for five out of the 15 minutes. I like doing that. That is what I will
be doing from now on. I will do lesson 3 tomorrow. Fifteen minutes but I will review the other
lessons before I start the new lesson. I know I have only put 7 lesson into lingq but I'm okay
with that. I am taking my time with this and I am excited about the way I am learning Spanish.
I am still doing Duo but just 30 pts a day nothing to big. I will start taking the weekends
off because I don't need to do language learning 7 days a week it's just too much.

Un beso

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 47 of 56
05 May 2016 at 6:26pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

So I want to start dabbing in Reading in Spanish and so I did the first chapter of Mi Amor de
Wattpad. I think I need more work it that department because I like the idea of reading in
Spanish but I don't think I can handle it at this moment. It's very sad to me because I really
want to do this reading in Spanish to learn more vocab but my understanding of Spanish right
now is very low. I will keep plugin away at me learning the language then trying to read it at
the moment. I just wish I could do both and be happy.

Un Beso

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3193 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 48 of 56
15 May 2016 at 8:40pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

This past week I finish my Duolingo Spanish Tree it took me four years on and off but I
finally finish it. Now that I did that I think I will take some time off. That was one of my
goals this year and now that I have finished the tree I can reflect on it.

https://www.duolingo.com/co
mment/15461600$comment_id=15544917

There is the link if you want to read my whole story.

This discussion contains 56 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version