Rozzie
United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 49 of 56
04 December 2016 at 1:25am | IP Logged 
So about two months ago I find a new website to continue my love of Spanish called
http://www.lingualia.com/. It's a lot better than
Duo and has more to it than just looking at picture and translating text. It has vocab
section, grammar section, phonetics section and a dialog section. After all that their is
a check point section to test you on what you have learn. It's truly is the next step
after duolingo. Spanish and English are the only language available on the site right now
but I hope they add more languages. They have four different levels it starts off at A1
and goes all the way up to B2! That is pretty amazing if you ask me. I'm so glad I found
this site to continue my Spanish learning.

I started dabbling in Russian last month and boy is that language hard! I don't know what
I'm going to do with this language but I'm excited to start a new languge.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 50 of 56
04 December 2016 at 12:17pm | IP Logged 
Honestly lots of sites claim to take you to a high level, the issue is that they're almost never enough.
BTW everyone has moved to http://forum.language-learners.org/ :)
1 person has voted this message useful

cathrynm
United States
junglevision.co
Joined 5884 days ago

910 posts - 1232 votes 
Studies: Japanese, Finnish

Message 51 of 56
07 December 2016 at 2:15pm | IP Logged 
That site is giving me endless SQL errors now. Maybe we need both.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 52 of 56
07 December 2016 at 5:13pm | IP Logged 
Rdearman contacted the hosting company and they fixed it. Maybe we've outgrown that hosting and need a better one...

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 53 of 56
25 July 2017 at 12:15am | IP Logged 
Hello,

I know it's been months since I last posted but again I took a little vaca from Spanish
but as of 7/11/17 I'm back to learn my language and this time with
http://mangolanguages.com/
It's an easy program and I am really having fun learning the language like I have never
done before. I hope I can finish this one and they have over 65 languages and it's pretty
cool.

KConn
United States
Joined 2488 days ago

13 posts - 13 votes

Message 54 of 56
16 August 2017 at 9:45am | IP Logged 
I've been wanting to learn Spanish for quite some time now. But I've always been bust to
attend a proper class and perhaps I'll be completely lost without knowing the basics.

I'm practicing some basics on Duolingo. wish me luck.

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 55 of 56
11 December 2017 at 11:42pm | IP Logged 
Hello again,

I think I keep forgetting I have a blog on this site. Last week I once again got back
into my language studies. So this time around I'm using my Spanish step by step book by
Charles Berlitz. Last week I did instant conversation: In a cafe and love studying the
conversation and this week I move on to the next conversation which takes place in a
taxi. I had gotten use to the cafe one that when I heard the conversation on Quizlet it
was too fast. So had to slow it down. I really am excited about get a better grasp on
Spanish. I think I have a plan but I don't want to say yet because my motivation might
slow down. But the way I am going about with this is good for me so far. So raise your
glass for me in not giving up in learning this language.

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3171 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 56 of 56
13 December 2017 at 1:49am | IP Logged 
Hello,

I haven't done too much studying today but the night is still early. I did one lesson of
Duolingo and tried to review my instant conversation for this week but I was just too
distracted by other things. I need to be less on Youtube and force more on listening to
my instant conversation. The week is still young so I'm not going to worry about it. I
need to go and head over to lang-8 to write over there since I'm write in English here.
But nothing has happen today so maybe tomorrow I will write something about my day
tomorrow on lang-8.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 56 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version