Groupie
United States
yong321.freeshe
Joined 5329 days ago

80 posts - 104 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 1
02 February 2016 at 12:37am | IP Logged 
Here I'm sharing a tip to spell-check in multiple languages at the same time. I find it quite useful since a big document
I'm writing contains significant number of both English and Spanish words, and I don't want all the correctly spelled
Spanish words to be highlighted.

Download and install the Google Chrome browser. Go to Settings -> Show Advanced Settings -> Languages and input settings
-> Add, and choose Spanish (Español), click Use this language for spell checking. Go to the address bar and paste
chrome://flags/‪#‎enable‬-multilingual-spellchecker as if it was a URL. Change the setting to Enabled.
To test, create a simple HTML file named (e.g.) test.html with this line in it:
<textarea></textarea>
Open this HTML file with Chrome and in the text area, type "this thiss que quee" (without quotes) and see if thiss and
quee are underlined with a red ripple line.

I'm sure some other languages should work too. But I only tested Spanish with English.

4 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version