Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Does anybody know "Francais interactif"?

Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
PapaEmeritus
Diglot
Colombia
Joined 2959 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Speaks: Spanish*, English

Message 1 of 2
05 March 2016 at 2:33am | IP Logged 
Hello,

I am planning on learning French on my own. I have discovered several resources, among them a virtual textbook called "Francais Interactif" by the University of Texas (http://www.laits.utexas.edu/fi/home and http://www.laits.utexas.edu/fi/html/toc/00.html).

Does anybody know if it's a good resource? Can you give me advice on how to implement it? I plan on doing one unit per month and complement it with Le Point de Fle exercises, French readings and Imagiers videos (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZNV0gmRjgU_oXIhAh2R hWXeTc0Zdka7-)

I plan to reach at least B1 or B2 with those resources. Is it possible?

Thank you very much,

PapaEmeritus

Edited by PapaEmeritus on 05 March 2016 at 2:38am

1 person has voted this message useful

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3811 days ago

507 posts - 1097 votes 
Studies: German

Message 2 of 2
05 March 2016 at 3:07am | IP Logged 
Salut Papa!

First, welcome to the forum!

Second, please note that, owing to persistent long-term technical and administrative issues associated with the maintenance of this language forum, a new REPLACEMENT forum was launched last year. While this forum continues to host several years of very interesting discussions, for the most part, the "active members" have moved on to the new forum. I suggest that you register on the new forum A Language Learner's Forum and post your request for information there, as well. You are bound to receive many more replies.

Third, with respect to the study of French, you may have already noticed that, to a certain degree there are "too many resources" to choose from and I suggest that you rephrase your request with a view to asking for additional recommendations concerning a comprehensive study plan.

Finally, I have never used the University of Texas' "Français Interactif", course. However, I speak French fluently and I have just visited their website. This course seems remarkably similar to the University of Texas' German course which I have played around with. In both cases, the materials are interesting but rather elementary. In addition, I find that there are not many opportunities to practice the target language with these courses. This does NOT make them "bad" courses; rather, like most language courses these days, they are simply light as to content. I suspect that a highly-motivated independent learner, using these courses as the central portion of their learning, might be able to achieve a level of CEFR A1+, but not much more. Since there are better materials available for the self-study of French, I recommend that you widen your request and post it on the new language forum.

Kind regards,
Speakeasy

Edited by Speakeasy on 05 March 2016 at 3:15am

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version