Australia
Joined 4296 days ago

45 posts - 53 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian

Message 1 of 5
16 July 2016 at 11:49am | IP Logged 
Hey,

So I just finished my Russian major and am now moving onto French at university. I would
love to keep my Russian active but I only know of Assimil in Russian that I can learn
French with. French will be my third language, so this is the first time I've done
anything like this before. My Russian comprehension and reading is definitely good enough
to at least start with.

What are some great resources in Russian to learn French?

Thanks in advance.
1 person has voted this message useful

kensor
United States
Joined 4672 days ago

5 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 2 of 5
17 July 2016 at 1:53pm | IP Logged 
Zerzura wrote:
Hey,

So I just finished my Russian major and am now moving onto French at university. I would love to keep my Russian active but I only know of Assimil in Russian that I can learn French with. French will be my third language, so this is the first time I've done anything like this before. My Russian comprehension and reading is definitely good enough to at least start with.

What are some great resources in Russian to learn French?

Thanks in advance.

You may wish to investigate, and perhaps utilize, the website LingQ.com for its variety of capabilities and personalities.

If you find yourself lacking in strictly Russian-French resources, considering that you know English, you might pursue a parallel track learning French and Russian from English using resources from a company whose materials for both languages proceed along approximately parallel paths. Pimsleur, for example, has French and Russian audio that may be useful for you both individually and comparatively.
2 persons have voted this message useful

akkadboy
Triglot
France
Joined 5189 days ago

264 posts - 497 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Yiddish
Studies: Latin, Ancient Egyptian, Welsh

Message 3 of 5
18 July 2016 at 11:19am | IP Logged 
Assimil has a French course for Russian speakers:

http://fr.assimil.com/methodes/frantsuzskii-bez-truda-segodn ya
2 persons have voted this message useful

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3833 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 
Studies: German

Message 4 of 5
19 July 2016 at 7:02pm | IP Logged 
This is a very interesting request. Since most of the "active" HTLAL forum members have moved over to the REPLACEMENT language forum, A LANGUAGE LEARNER'S FORUM, I suggest that you register there as well and, with a view to evoking a wider response, that you post your request using a title such as "FRENCH FROM A RUSSIAN BASE." Good luck!

Kind regards,
Michael

Globefish
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 2844 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes
Speaks: English*, Russian, French
Studies: Norwegian

Message 5 of 5
21 July 2016 at 11:33pm | IP Logged 
Doesn't Linguaphone have something you could use? Their courses are modular in that the same
monolingual textbook can be paired with a handbook in any language they cared to create one
for. The question is, did they do a Russian version of the French course?

Other than that, I'd look to Russia for resources.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version