Groupie
United States
Joined 5253 days ago

57 posts - 81 votes 
Speaks: English*, Pashto
Studies: Dari

Message 1 of 3
02 August 2017 at 11:24pm | IP Logged 
I'm a DLI trained Pashto linguist and will be deploying to Afghanistan soon.
Unfortunately, I'll be near Kabul, where there's a pretty even mixture of Dari and
Pashto. As I've seen Pashto linguists learn Dari in 6-8 weeks with full time classes, I
figure 4-5 months with daily self-study would suffice for me. My issue is that I cannot
find good quality Dari language materials. There are plenty of materials for Farsi, but
Dari materials are much harder to come by. Any guidance on where to find said materials
would be fantastic, as right now I"m only using the free Dari Pimsleur that the military
gets.
1 person has voted this message useful

vonPeterhof
Tetraglot
Russian FederationRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4531 days ago

715 posts - 1527 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, EnglishC2, Japanese, German
Studies: Kazakh, Korean, Norwegian, Turkish

Message 2 of 3
03 August 2017 at 7:06am | IP Logged 
Some of the older DLI Dari course materials are available online. The former link is what I'm using right now.

Also, just a heads up, but in case you didn't know, in the two years you've been away most of this forum has migrated to a new site. Not that many people read this one any more, so in the future it might be better to ask questions over there.

KConn
United States
Joined 2488 days ago

13 posts - 13 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 3 of 3
16 August 2017 at 9:36am | IP Logged 
You can find some good Dari resources here
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/dari.htm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version