Language Learning Forum : Polyglots Post Reply
daristani
United States
Joined 6926 days ago

752 posts - 1661 votes 
Studies: Uzbek

Message 1 of 2
08 May 2020 at 5:11pm | IP Logged 
Polyglot and talk-radio pioneer Barry Farber, who wrote the book How to Learn Any Language, which influenced a great many language learners and the title of which is used for this forum, recently died, just after his 90th birthday.

Here's an obituary of him: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/05/barry_farber_co nservative_talk_radio_pioneer_and_author_passes_away_a_day_a fter_his_90th_birthday.html
2 persons have voted this message useful

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5008 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 2 of 2
27 May 2020 at 12:49am | IP Logged 
Farewell, Mr. Farber. Thanks for all the inspiration and joy you brought to our lives, and good luck going where none of us has ever been before. R.I.P.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version