United States
Joined 6359 days ago

51 posts - 60 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 1 of 5
04 February 2007 at 9:10pm | IP Logged 
Take a look at this:

http://www.multilingualbooks.com/modernrussian.html

That book looks PERFECT except that it doesn't have answers. There are workbooks for level one and two sold on amazon, but I bought one and it's good, but it doesn't have answers! I bought an old copy of Modern Russian 1 and it doesn't have any answers, either. There must be some way to get answers to the exercises. On ABEbooks and amazon I see a very old teachers edition. Would that have the answers?

This book looks so perfect! Imagine, about 50 CDs come with it! I really like the format of the text, too.

1 person has voted this message useful

Cebeel
Diglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 6359 days ago

51 posts - 60 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 2 of 5
06 February 2007 at 8:53pm | IP Logged 
I've learned that at least with cassettes each year has 28 hours of audio making a total of 56 hours!

I just ordered the "Teachers Edition" - I hope it has answers to the questions in the texts and workbooks. Then it would be PERFECT!

Edited by Cebeel on 06 February 2007 at 8:54pm

adoggie
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 6332 days ago

160 posts - 159 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese*
Studies: German, Russian, French

Message 3 of 5
07 February 2007 at 11:32pm | IP Logged 
That's good - the Teacher's edition. =)

geirtbr
Groupie
Norway
Joined 6456 days ago

83 posts - 90 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*
Studies: Russian

Message 4 of 5
08 February 2007 at 7:13am | IP Logged 
-The modern russian course has been debated previously here, there are some mixed opinions about it.

- As a medium level russian book I would maybe recommend "Case book in Russian" from Slavica. It focuses on, you guessed it, the use of cases. I havent worked through it yet - i need some more practice first - but it looked very promising to me, an approach to grammar that exemplifies points with lots of examples from natural texts.

ElComadreja
Philippines
bibletranslatio
Joined 7037 days ago

683 posts - 757 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Portuguese, Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Cebuano, French, Tagalog

Message 5 of 5
17 July 2007 at 9:35pm | IP Logged 
Cebeel wrote:
I hope it has answers to the questions in the texts and workbooks. Then it would be PERFECT!

I wonder if my Spoken Language Series Russian is based on this? Is there lost of multiple choice and T/F? If so I have the answers in the back.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version