Tetraglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 6207 days ago

208 posts - 345 votes 
Speaks: Serbian*, English, Spanish, Russian
Studies: Thai, Polish

Message 1 of 3
03 April 2007 at 3:56am | IP Logged 
I am asking myself why there is no profile for Polish language at this site, especially if we look at Polish culture and literature (which has Nobel Prize winners) and if we know that Polish language is the best representative of West Slavic languages and second Slavic language (after Russian) which has the biggest number of speakers. Maybe because there is a little number of resources for learning it?
1 person has voted this message useful

Silvestris
Bilingual Triglot
United States
Joined 6324 days ago

131 posts - 136 votes 
Speaks: English*, Polish*, German

Message 2 of 3
03 April 2007 at 4:22am | IP Logged 
Usually when there's no profile for a language, it's because no member has written one yet.

I speak Polish, but it's one of my mother tongues and weak at best. Maybe someone else would be interested in writing one?

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6916 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 3 of 3
03 April 2007 at 7:55am | IP Logged 
I did write a profile and it's in the Collaborative Writing section of this site.

The idea is that people create language profiles there and then the administrator moves it to the Profile section. It has been a while since I've written and I assume that the administrator has just been too busy to move it to the Profile section. I note that the last profile added was in the summer of 2005.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version