Language Learning Forum : General discussion Post Reply
195 messages over 25 pages: 13 4 5 6 7 ... 2 ... 24 25 Next >>
Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6257 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 9 of 195
06 April 2007 at 6:48am | IP Logged 
Well, you could try to keep your level of 6 weeks until the end of the challenge and then compare your results to the others...
1 person has voted this message useful

Julie
Heptaglot
PolandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6690 days ago

1251 posts - 1733 votes 
5 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, GermanC2, SpanishB2, Dutch, Swedish, French

Message 10 of 195
06 April 2007 at 7:06am | IP Logged 
Languages: Swedish, Portuguese, Dutch, other

What do you think about writing after every learning session an entry in a learning log at the forum? It would be pretty time-consuming, I know, but on the other hand we would be able to compare our methodes and progress during the experiment, and after it it would be easier to see what methodes are the most efficient.

Raincrowlee
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 6489 days ago

621 posts - 808 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin, Korean, French
Studies: Indonesian, Japanese

Message 11 of 195
06 April 2007 at 7:07am | IP Logged 
Yeah, I could try to do that.

So count me as another Esperantisto.

Talairan
Tetraglot
Spain
Joined 6379 days ago

194 posts - 258 votes 
Speaks: Afrikaans, English*, Gypsy/Romani, Dutch
Studies: Spanish, Flemish, Galician, Aramaic

Message 12 of 195
06 April 2007 at 8:36am | IP Logged 
Why not use the courses on FSI Languages that way everyone is using the same material, so you have a standard to compare to. Although, if we are comparing methods of teaching in books too, and not just methods of learning.... I know some people don't like the FSI method, but it is just a thought:) I would be interested in Swahili or Portuguese (which would help me with my study of Galego).

leosmith
United States
Joined 6337 days ago

2365 posts - 3804 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Tagalog

Message 13 of 195
06 April 2007 at 9:04am | IP Logged 
Your time limit has me teetering. I don't know if I can honestly study only 30 minutes per day, knowing there's a competition, and lots of gold, on the line.

Farley
Triglot
United States
Joined 6879 days ago

681 posts - 739 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, GermanB1, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 14 of 195
06 April 2007 at 9:26am | IP Logged 
What the heck, go ahead and sign me up for Turkish. I have a couple of Turkish co-workers, so 30 minutes a day should not be a problem. I’ll use the obvious course material, native speakers and Turkish FSI.

John

lady_skywalker
Triglot
Netherlands
aspiringpolyglotblog
Joined 6677 days ago

909 posts - 942 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*, Mandarin
Studies: Japanese, French, Dutch, Italian

Message 15 of 195
06 April 2007 at 9:52am | IP Logged 
That's funny...I was contemplating dabbling with a new language every couple of months (I even wrote about it on my blog only about a week ago).

I'm choosing Persian as my new 'language of the moment' but I've just started a new job and might not be able to find enough free time in 6 weeks to progress past the bare basics. Still, count me in if you want! I just can't guarantee I will be able to learn much...

I'm in the process of gathering some useful resources for learning Persian and will have a look at some of the old threads to see what I can find out.

andee
Tetraglot
Japan
Joined 6864 days ago

681 posts - 724 votes 
3 sounds
Speaks: English*, German, Korean, French

Message 16 of 195
06 April 2007 at 10:26am | IP Logged 
I could be in on this as well.

I've been thinking about diving into Japanese over the last few weeks, but I've put it on hold for a month or so because I'm going back to Korea for a short holiday and am going over some things revision-wise.

Ok, so Japanese isn't supposed to be easy, but I figure that since I have my grounding in Korean, I should have a leg up.

This discussion contains 195 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version