Diglot
United States
Joined 6454 days ago

4 posts - 4 votes
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Japanese

Message 153 of 195
25 April 2007 at 8:27am | IP Logged 
Well then, I shall join. It'll be nice to have some warm-up study before I do my japanese study each day, however I may not adher to the 30 minute limit though since I'm coming in late and happen to have alot of free time, I'll probably make it 45-60/day ^^;

Language:Portuguese
Method: FSI and whatever tutorials I can find online, learning sentences over individual words. If I wasn't so cheap I'd use TY:Portuguese aswell, but I'm not >> lol
1 person has voted this message useful

Thuan
Triglot
GermanyRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6712 days ago

133 posts - 156 votes 
Speaks: Vietnamese, German*, English
Studies: French, Japanese, Romanian, Swedish, Mandarin

Message 154 of 195
26 April 2007 at 6:09pm | IP Logged 
Okay, time for me to join.

Language: Danish
Method: Pimsleur and a textbook (haven't decided yet, I have a textbook, but I might get Assimil Danish).

dsix
Diglot
Spain
Joined 6218 days ago

4 posts - 4 votes
Speaks: Catalan*, Spanish
Studies: English

Message 155 of 195
27 April 2007 at 9:30am | IP Logged 
Well, I found this forum following a link from Omniglot web site two or three weeks ago. I felt attracted immediately by the proposal of this thread. First I thought that I could not follow the rhythm proposed since I am working and studying and have no time, but now I am spending one hour almost every day (at night I get into the bed a little later).
I already started when it corresponded, but I did not say anything since it was not clear to me that I could go on with this experience.
I follow the Pimsleur and I am making lessons 5 and 6 just now. I've ordered "Interactive Chinese" from the net. I hope this to be a good choice.

Edited by dsix on 27 April 2007 at 9:39am

Eve
Triglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 6457 days ago

67 posts - 67 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English, Spanish

Message 156 of 195
27 April 2007 at 3:33pm | IP Logged 
I like this Omniglot site - thanks for the link!

Miri-chan
Tetraglot
Groupie
United States
crimsonietta.ne
Joined 6790 days ago

59 posts - 60 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: Cantonese, English*, French, Mandarin
Studies: Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Thai

Message 157 of 195
27 April 2007 at 3:53pm | IP Logged 
May I be permitted to join as a late starter? Although I've already got four languages on my plate, it won't hurt to add just one more (although I'm slightly disappointed that I'm not permitted to study more Portuguese, haha).

Language: German
Method: FSI, maybe Pimsleur if I can take a trip to the bookshop, and my German exchange student friends =D

burntgorilla
United Kingdom
Joined 6226 days ago

202 posts - 206 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Danish

Message 158 of 195
29 April 2007 at 7:07am | IP Logged 
I think I will have to pull out of it. I have lots of exams in a couple of weeks, and I thought I could fit it in but it's not going to happen. I might try something over the summer holidays though.

Pintbomb
United States
Joined 6222 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German

Message 159 of 195
29 April 2007 at 10:43pm | IP Logged 
Yea I have 4 AP exams coming up and finals and kinda lost my motivation for Esperanto, seeing as I don't think I'll use it that much or ever become fluent or anything.

So I will definitely try something else during the summer, even though then I will be going to Germany for 3 weeks...

But until later. Peace.

fanatic
Octoglot
Australia
speedmathematics.com
Joined 6928 days ago

1152 posts - 1818 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French, Afrikaans, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Dutch
Studies: Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Modern Hebrew, Malay, Mandarin, Esperanto

Message 160 of 195
09 May 2007 at 4:39am | IP Logged 
I am afraid I have pulled out. I have just completed another book and was filmed today for a segment on national television. Life has been hectic for the past few days and will become more so as the program goes to air. They tell me it will be shown sometime in the next few days on A Current Affair.

I am also under pressure to complete some magazine articles and to offer a number of training sessions. Life is going to be very busy for the next month or so but I definitely intend to take my original challenge of how much I can learn in 6 or 7 days as well as the six week challenge.

As well as all this I still have two more books on the go and I have radio interviews coming up.

I wish everyone well who is taking up the challenge.

This discussion contains 195 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version