Groupie
Canada
Joined 4747 days ago

48 posts - 58 votes 
Studies: German, English*
Studies: French

Message 89 of 90
17 August 2011 at 6:48am | IP Logged 
I think that the ability to learn naturally sort of diminishes as you get older, and
children are only able to more easily learn a language because they don't have another
language holding them down as a crutch, aren't afraid to try something new, and all that
stuff they say.

And listening for hours and hours will only help depending on the person listening. Do
they think about what they hear, analyzing it as the sounds enter their mind, or does it
just go in one ear and out the other?
1 person has voted this message useful

misslanguages
Diglot
France
fluent-language.blog
Joined 4628 days ago

190 posts - 217 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: German

Message 90 of 90
24 August 2011 at 6:58pm | IP Logged 
I believe I can be of some help here.
I've been listening to English for years now.
Sometimes I listen to English for over 10 hours a day. If you want this method to work, you need to chill out.
Don't think about the sounds the speakers pronounce or the meaning of the sentences.
Just enjoy the music of the language.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 90 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version