United States
Joined 6789 days ago

90 posts - 98 votes 
Studies: Mandarin, English*
Studies: Japanese

Message 1 of 25
04 May 2007 at 10:11am | IP Logged 
Just informing you all..

Assimil has just published Japanese with Ease, English base, and confirms that it will be on their website by mid-May.

There is both volume one and two, and also Writing Japanese with Ease. Each 'tome' w/ CDs is retailing for 59 euros. I don't think they are releasing cassette versions.

Now I am just wondering where and how cheaply I can get this outside of Europe (USA for me).
1 person has voted this message useful

reltuk
Groupie
United States
Joined 6627 days ago

75 posts - 110 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 2 of 25
04 May 2007 at 10:20am | IP Logged 
Wow thanks for the notice. This is awesome :).

As for finding it in the states, it looks like amazon.com is planning on carrying it:

Volume 1
Volume 2
Writing

HTH,
Aaron

awake
United States
Joined 6447 days ago

406 posts - 438 votes 
Studies: Esperanto, Spanish

Message 3 of 25
04 May 2007 at 11:02am | IP Logged 
That is wonderful news! I've been waiting for these! thank you for the heads up :)

By the way, It's not clear from amazon.com, but it seems that the versions linked above lack the accompanying CD's.

reltuk
Groupie
United States
Joined 6627 days ago

75 posts - 110 votes 

Message 4 of 25
04 May 2007 at 12:27pm | IP Logged 
awake wrote:

By the way, It's not clear from amazon.com, but it seems that the versions linked above lack the accompanying CD's.

The above linked Volume 1 and Volume 2 include the CDs. The CD-less versions are:

Volume 1
Volume 2

The catalog data on Amazon isn't entirely fleshed out yet, but you can tell from the pricing and the pictures. When the courses appear on assimil.com, you'll also be able to check the ISBNs to confirm that you're getting what you want.

-- Aaron

wetnose
Groupie
United States
Joined 6789 days ago

90 posts - 98 votes 
Studies: Mandarin, English*
Studies: Japanese

Message 5 of 25
04 May 2007 at 12:30pm | IP Logged 
$50 each? I'm elated!

Luigi
Diglot
Italy
Joined 6751 days ago

113 posts - 135 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Russian

Message 6 of 25
04 May 2007 at 12:39pm | IP Logged 
awake wrote:

Take a look at the cover! When a CD and a little book are pictured on the left, under the title, this should mean it's the complete package that is being sold. However, 50 dollars is too low a price for book + cds; consider that the other versions for non English speakers cost over 60 Euros.

These products are also available from Amazon.fr for less; obviously when you order them from the US, higher shipping costs have to be taken into consideration.

The recordings should be the same as the others versions of Asimmil Japanese.

I've seen Assimil Japanese for Italian speakers in the past, and I think it is really a good program; it is also the perfect introduction to the language for absolute beginners. I remember I have also listened to the first lessons and the speakers used to pronounce each sentece very slowly and clearly.

Edited by Luigi on 04 May 2007 at 1:05pm

reltuk
Groupie
United States
Joined 6627 days ago

75 posts - 110 votes 

Message 7 of 25
04 May 2007 at 2:07pm | IP Logged 
Luigi wrote:

Take a look at the cover! When a CD and a little book are pictured on the left, under the title, this should mean it's the complete package that is being sold. However, 50 dollars is too low a price for book + cds; consider that the other versions for non English speakers cost over 60 Euros.

These products are also available from Amazon.fr for less; obviously when you order them from the US, higher shipping costs have to be taken into consideration.

I'm confident that they include the CDs. $50 is not too cheap for it to be the book+CD. For example, the Spanish with Ease course on Amazon.com costs $45 here and the Chinese with Ease on Amazon.com costs $33 here.

The cheapest price I see them listed for on Amazon.fr is 65 Euros, or $88 USD.

-- Aaron

Luigi
Diglot
Italy
Joined 6751 days ago

113 posts - 135 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Russian

Message 8 of 25
04 May 2007 at 2:47pm | IP Logged 
reltuk wrote:

I'm confident that they include the CDs. $50 is not too cheap for it to be the book+CD. For example, the Spanish with Ease course on Amazon.com costs $45 here and the Chinese with Ease on Amazon.com costs $33 here.

The cheapest price I see them listed for on Amazon.fr is 65 Euros, or $88 USD.

-- Aaron

Indeed, sometimes Amazon.com has the best prices, especially when it applies a 34% discount. In addition, at least for Europeans, the favourable exchange dollar/Euro is another aspect to take into consideration when purchasing. What a pity, the shipping rates are to high (when ordering from Europe) and it takes weeks for the items to arrive.

Edited by Luigi on 05 May 2007 at 5:24pm

This discussion contains 25 messages over 4 pages: 2 3 4  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version