Language Learning Forum : Esperanto Post Reply
23 messages over 3 pages: 1 2
Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6270 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 17 of 23
22 June 2007 at 1:13am | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Thanks a lot for the links, Sprachprofi. Music has always been an important part of my language study and it's been strange not to listen to it in Esperanto. too bad that site has rock and pop in the same section, I don't really like many of the songs I've downloaded :/ I like the Swedish band Persone quite a lot though, it seems that Scandinavians just can't play bad music ;) (there are exceptions of course)

Yeah, those files aren't the best ones for the bands. For example, I didn't like the Dolcxamar and Jxomo samples, but I saw them in concert at the Internacia Seminario (New Year's party for young Esperantists) and liked them a lot. By the way, Jxomo holds the world record for singing in the most languages :-)

I also like Team'. They're an 80s Slovakian group that's actually quite well-known in the mainstream (in Slovakia that is). You can find three of their songs at http://www.musicexpress.com.br/artisto.asp?Artista=278.
For more Persone songs, check out http://www.musicexpress.com.br/artisto.asp?Artista=78.
Maybe you'll also like Kore, they're kind of like Persone. I like their song "Pasanta Pasio".
2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6397 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 18 of 23
22 June 2007 at 1:27pm | IP Logged 
Yeah, Team' are quite nice. And I've also discovered Krio de Morto, finally something I really, really like :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Shinn
Trilingual Tetraglot
Groupie
India
gallery.takingitglob
Joined 6212 days ago

61 posts - 69 votes 
Speaks: English*, Hindi*, Oriya*, SpanishB2
Studies: FrenchB1, Japanese, Irish

Message 19 of 23
24 June 2007 at 4:19am | IP Logged 
Thank you so much for the links Sprachprofi. Having music makes it so much more easier to connect to the language and really start to like it.

Shinn
Trilingual Tetraglot
Groupie
India
gallery.takingitglob
Joined 6212 days ago

61 posts - 69 votes 

Message 20 of 23
25 June 2007 at 2:21am | IP Logged 
So I've completed the 6 week challenge and taken my first steps into Esperanto. To commemorate this momentous occasion I'm going to write my first mistake-riddled magnum opus in Esperanto :P Any corrections or suggestions will be more than welcome :)

Hodiaŭ mi kompletigas ses semajnojn de lernanta Esperanton. Mi ne povas diri ke jam mi estas flua sed mi sufiĉe facile povas komuniki (kun grandega helpo de la vortaro, kompreneble!).

Mi startis en la sepa de majo kun koresponda kurso. Ĝi estas tre helpema sed iom "peza". Post unu aŭ du semajnoj, mi decidis uzi ankaŭ la kurson "Ana Pana" de Lernu.net. Kombinanta du kursojn estis bona ideo kaj mi pli klare lernis. Malfeliĉe, mi ne povis fari la kurso "Gerda Malaperis" kiel mi volis ĉar mi havis multa laboro kaj devis halti min studion por unu semajno. Ĉi semajno mi kompletigas la lasta leciono de la koresponda kurso kaj mi estas ricevinta interreta diplomo :)

Dum studanta esperanton, mia plej granda problemo estis mia konfuzo inter esperanto kaj aliaj lingvoj kiel hispania kaj franca. Por ekzemplo, mi ĉiam skribis "hora" anstataŭ "horo". Sed ĉi situacio havas alian flakon -- Ĉar mi estis leginta esperantan tekston antaŭ, mi malbone faris ekzameno de hispania ĉar mi diradis "la" por viraj substantivoj!
Ankoraŭ mi havis problemojn. Mi forgesis kiam oni devas aldoni la afikson "-n" kaj aliaj -- ofte stultaj-- eraroj.

Nun mi ŝatus kontinui mian studion de Esperanto kaj uzi ĉi lingvon por komunikanta kun diferencaj homoj de diferencaj landoj. Mi estis uzinta Esperanto por parolanta kun homoj de lokoj kiel Brazilo kiu lingvon mi ne scias. Por mi, Esperanto estas malferminta fenestron en novan mondon kaj ĉi tio estas ke al mi plej plaĉas pri ĉi lingvo. Mi devas konfesi ke iam mi scivolis se ĝi estis bona ideo lerni planlingvon. Sed poste mi konsciis ke lerni kelkajn lingvojn neniam estis malŝparo de tempo, precipe se ĝi onin helpas komuniki kun la mondo.

Mi esperas ke unu tago mi flue povas paroli kaj skribi esperanton sed unue mi esperas ke ĉi mesaĝo estas almenaŭ duona korekta!

Edited by Shinn on 25 June 2007 at 2:28am

awake
United States
Joined 6436 days ago

406 posts - 438 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Esperanto, Spanish

Message 21 of 23
25 June 2007 at 7:37pm | IP Logged 
Unfortunately I don't have time to do a line by line correction today, but I
thought I could make a few comments which might be helpful.

First of all, You've done a good job here. It's very impressive what you
can do after just a few weeks with Esperanto, isnt it? :)

Just some general notes/feedback:   My main criticism of what you've
written is that you are overusing and (in some cases) misusing participles.   

I would not say, "dum studanta Esperanton" but rather would use an
adverbial participle here

Studinte Esperanton = Having studied

Another example is your use of "por komunikanta" and "por parolanta"
which are improper constructions.    In Esperanto, verbs after a
preposition take the infinitive

dum ripozi, li ekdormis = while resting, he fell asleep
sen diri ion, ili foriris = without saying anything, they left

or in your case, por komuniki = in order to communicate, or for
communicating, etc...

------------

Also, you throw out a lot of ĉi particles without combining them with tiu,
tio, etc..   While this is not wrong, it's probably something you shouldnt
be overdoing.    When you do use the ĉi particle in written Esperanto
without using one of the table-words, connect it to the word with a
hyphen.   For example,   Ĉi-monate, Mi iros al Londono (In-this-month, I
will go to London).

Shinn
Trilingual Tetraglot
Groupie
India
gallery.takingitglob
Joined 6212 days ago

61 posts - 69 votes 

Message 22 of 23
25 June 2007 at 11:59pm | IP Logged 
Thank you very much for the corrections awake. Those two points were what confused me most. I didn't know whether to use the gerund after a preposition or the infinitive.

The ĉi- particles are something of a misfortune. I actually wrote them out as "ĉi tio lingvo" et al but just at that time I read a song lyric which went "Vi pagas por ĉi amor" so I thought I got it wrong and went back and edited the post and made them "ĉi lingvo" et al.

awake
United States
Joined 6436 days ago

406 posts - 438 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Esperanto, Spanish

Message 23 of 23
26 June 2007 at 12:59pm | IP Logged 
You're welcome :)   

one more quickie, it would be "ĉi tiu lingvo" not "ĉi tio linvo"

the following is not strictly correct, but it's how I think of the difference:

tio has the -o ending, so it acts like a noun. it can't be used to modify anything else (similarly for io, kio, etc...). Tio literally means "That thing". It stands by itself. (note: Tio never takes the plural -j ending)

tiu on the other hand, acts like an adjective. It specifies a particular thing.   Tiu hundo (That specific dog - the black one, the one that bit me, whatever), Tiu kato, Tiuj fokoj, etc...

Where it gets tricky is that the "thing" that tiu modifies can sometimes be dropped.

Tiu estas amike = that (one) (dog, cat, etc) is friendly

or         &nbs p;     = that (person) is friendly

you pick up whether you have dropped "one" or "person" from context.

this applies to the other table words too....

kiu viro estis tie = kiu estis tie = which (man) was there

:)

This discussion contains 23 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version