shapd
United Kingdom
Joined 5909 days ago

126 posts - 208 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Italian, Spanish, Latin, Modern Hebrew, French, Russian

Message 89 of 245
04 February 2008 at 10:33am | IP Logged 
I recently found a commercial German audiobook site which may be useful. It has recordings in several Western and Eastern European languages, including Russian, Polish and Hungarian, and Chinese. It also has many audiobooks in the major Western European languages graded according to the EU fluency guidelines. These have the original text and explanatory notes, so if you know sufficent German to use them they could be a useful bridge to other languages. The site is
www.hoerjuwel.de

Also I can't remember whether I found this site myself or through the forum, but it should be in this thread
ercoleguidi.altervista.org
This is a truly wonderful source for Italian. It has texts and English translations side by side in columns just as atamagaii would recommend. Couple it with free audio from www.liberliber.it and there you have the full listening-reading package. Anybody willing to try it with I Promessi Sposi and report progress?

2 persons have voted this message useful

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6199 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 90 of 245
04 February 2008 at 4:56pm | IP Logged 
shapd wrote:
I recently found a commercial German audiobook site which may be useful. It has recordings in several Western and Eastern European languages, including Russian, Polish and Hungarian, and Chinese. It also has many audiobooks in the major Western European languages graded according to the EU fluency guidelines. These have the original text and explanatory notes, so if you know sufficent German to use them they could be a useful bridge to other languages. The site is
www.hoerjuwel.de

Also I can't remember whether I found this site myself or through the forum, but it should be in this thread
ercoleguidi.altervista.org
This is a truly wonderful source for Italian. It has texts and English translations side by side in columns just as atamagaii would recommend. Couple it with free audio from www.liberliber.it and there you have the full listening-reading package. Anybody willing to try it with I Promessi Sposi and report progress?

I've spun off a new thread about commercial audiobook sites due to the commercial site you mentioned.

Thanks for the liberliber link; I've been looking for a good source of free Italian audiobooks, and coming up terribly short. I'll listen-read "I Promessi Sposi", but given that I already speak a fair amount of Italian, I don't know that a progress report from me would be particularly interesting.

I've added links to all 3 sites you mention; liberliber as a link in this thread, ercoleguidi as a source of parallel texts for at least one work on liberliber, and hoerjuwel in the new thread. All 3 look like good resources; thanks again!

1 person has voted this message useful

ziedariana
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5957 days ago

19 posts - 28 votes
Speaks: English, Arabic (Written)*, French, Italian
Studies: Spanish

Message 91 of 245
09 February 2008 at 5:51pm | IP Logged 
shapd wrote:

ercoleguidi.altervista.org...

Thanks a lot for sharing your findings. I think the above site is an excellent one.

Edited by ziedariana on 09 February 2008 at 5:53pm

Alkeides
Bhutan
Joined 5908 days ago

636 posts - 644 votes 

Message 92 of 245
10 February 2008 at 10:08pm | IP Logged 
How do you download audio from Liber Liber?

shapd
United Kingdom
Joined 5909 days ago

126 posts - 208 votes 

Message 93 of 245
11 February 2008 at 3:32am | IP Logged 
For Liberliber, just select the author you want. When his/her page appears, scroll down past all the biographical details and you should come to a list of all the audio files in MP3 format, some in ogg as well I think. Then as usual right click and save as... Very fast download, unlike some Russian sites I have been struggling with which obviously have dial up servers!

Vlad
Trilingual Super Polyglot
Czechoslovakia
foreverastudent.com
Joined 6344 days ago

443 posts - 576 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: Czech*, Slovak*, Hungarian*, Mandarin, EnglishC2, GermanC2, ItalianC1, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Serbian, French
Studies: Persian, Taiwanese, Romanian, Portuguese

Message 94 of 245
11 February 2008 at 3:39am | IP Logged 
shapd wrote:
Very fast download, unlike some Russian sites I have been struggling with which obviously have dial up servers!

Dial up servers!? I am not an expert in computers, but if by dial up servers you mean servers that connect to the internet via the telephone line.. those haven't been around for a while! Russia is a very developed country, and if I were Russian, I'd get offended by your remark.

Alkeides
Bhutan
Joined 5908 days ago

636 posts - 644 votes 

Message 95 of 245
11 February 2008 at 4:00am | IP Logged 
shapd wrote:
For Liberliber, just select the author you want. When his/her page appears, scroll down past all the biographical details and you should come to a list of all the audio files in MP3 format, some in ogg as well I think. Then as usual right click and save as... Very fast download, unlike some Russian sites I have been struggling with which obviously have dial up servers!

I see      

"Gli e-book"

but those are only the texts?

shapd
United Kingdom
Joined 5909 days ago

126 posts - 208 votes 

Message 96 of 245
11 February 2008 at 6:56am | IP Logged 
I have checked the site again. There are several options in the menu on the left side of the main page, trying to sell you CD players etc. There is an option for Audioteca. Select that. You then get lists of Libermusica and Liber parlato. The books are in the liber parlato list, about a dozen authors. I think you must have been trying the Biblioteca option instead. I would investigate further but the site is taking forever to open.

This discussion contains 245 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version