Tetraglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 6229 days ago

208 posts - 345 votes 
Speaks: Serbian*, English, Spanish, Russian
Studies: Thai, Polish

Message 123 of 245
10 March 2008 at 3:14am | IP Logged 
And a lot of audiobooks on the same site!
And in various languages, too.

Edited by MarcoDiAngelo on 10 March 2008 at 3:50am

2 persons have voted this message useful

kealist
United States
kealist.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6018 days ago

111 posts - 124 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Uyghur, Mandarin, Shanghainese

Message 125 of 245
27 March 2008 at 4:42pm | IP Logged 
This is nothing new persay, but I have added some direct links to audiobooks and some possible texts for them in the first post of my language log:

my learning log

I hope it's helpful for others trying to L-R Mandarin. I will continue to update it as I find new things and as people tell me about new things

Edited by kealist on 27 March 2008 at 4:43pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

jody
United States
Joined 6020 days ago

242 posts - 252 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian, Bulgarian

Message 126 of 245
28 March 2008 at 8:17am | IP Logged 
I am sorry if this has been addressed before, but I didn't see it. There seem to be a good number of links here for audiobooks. I'm looking for some Russian files, but there are two problems:

1) Most of the good links seem to be completely in Russian. Like here. I'm trying to learn Russian, and I'm not yet good enough to find my way around a Russian website. I know a few words here and there, and can figure a lot out just by transliterating, but I can't find what I need.

2) There are some links that are in English, but the links are either broken or the audio files do not work. See here.

What I'm really looking for is anything by JRR Tolkien or CS Lewis. Siometteri suggested that you get a long text in something you know or are interested in. I love Tolkien and Lewis, and I wouldn't have to read it in English before I started doing to Russian in L-R method. Can anybody help me find these files?

Thanks,
Jody

Edited by jody on 28 March 2008 at 8:19am

1 person has voted this message useful

Lindley
Bilingual Triglot
Ukraine
Joined 5853 days ago

104 posts - 109 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, Ukrainian*, English
Studies: Spanish, Japanese

Message 128 of 245
11 April 2008 at 1:51pm | IP Logged 
Hi, jody! Concerning that Russian link you've posted, there aren't any books by Tolkien or Lewis. There're some books by Steven King, Harry Harrisson, Ray Bradbury, Clifford Simak, Isaac Asimov etc. However, on this site - http://mp3knig.net/avtor/tolkien/ - there're books by Tolkien (actually, the link itself points to the Tolkien page), as well as (forgive me my spelling) Arthur Conan Doile, Agatha Christie, Gules Verne, Paulo Coelho, Rex Stout etc. You can access them by clicking links on the left of the page. If you have any further questions - feel free to ask here or pm me.

Ok, here's even better link - http://www.doza.com.ua/audio/1///880 There's a list of audio books, including Tolkien. I'm saying it's better because I've downloaded first file of "Hobbit" to check, and it's a really nice recording. To download files you click on the author/book name and then you'll see a list of links on the left. Download them using "Save file as" on right click menu. Good luck!

Edited by Lindley on 11 April 2008 at 2:02pm

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 245 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version