matt25
Pentaglot
Germany
Joined 6195 days ago

19 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: German*, French, English, Latin, Ancient Greek

Message 1 of 6
05 July 2007 at 5:29am | IP Logged 
It seems to be extremely difficult to find stores or even online bookshops to buy foreign language books in Germany. I have been to all of the major book stores in my city (Hannover) but besides some English books and a handful of French and Spanish books have not found anything. Do you have an idea where to look in the Internet? Amazon does not really help.
I am particularly looking for literature in Portuguese and French and I prefer native Portuguese/Brazilian and French writers in their original.
1 person has voted this message useful

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6248 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 2 of 6
05 July 2007 at 8:40am | IP Logged 
Have you tried amazon.fr for the French authors?

matt25
Pentaglot
Germany
Joined 6195 days ago

19 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: German*, French, English, Latin, Ancient Greek

Message 3 of 6
05 July 2007 at 10:51am | IP Logged 
Hey, that is a good link. I had not thought about this before but sure, Amazon exists in French, too. It will cost a bit to get the stuff shipped over to pretty old Germany but still very very good. Unfortunately, Amazon does not exist in Portuguese, I assume. At least I could not find it. Any idea for this?

daristani
United States
Joined 6953 days ago

752 posts - 1661 votes 
Studies: Uzbek

Message 4 of 6
05 July 2007 at 10:51am | IP Logged 
This site has a lot of online bookstores, for different languages and subject areas, recommended by various people:

http://www.idiocentrism.com/bookbuying.htm

mariposa
Tetraglot
Germany
Joined 5943 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Speaks: German*, Portuguese, French, English
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 5 of 6
08 February 2008 at 2:59pm | IP Logged 
matt25 wrote:
It seems to be extremely difficult to find stores or even online bookshops to buy foreign language books in Germany. I have been to all of the major book stores in my city (Hannover) but besides some English books and a handful of French and Spanish books have not found anything. Do you have an idea where to look in the Internet? Amazon does not really help.
I am particularly looking for literature in Portuguese and French and I prefer native Portuguese/Brazilian and French writers in their original.

Hi, for Portuguese I suggest you the site of TFM - Centro do Livro - http://www.tfmonline.de - they have a large offer of Portuguese books from both Portugal and Brazil.

Mareike
Germany
Joined 6033 days ago

267 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*
Studies: English, Swedish

Message 6 of 6
12 February 2008 at 12:58pm | IP Logged 
I know in Hamburg a bookstore.
Thalia in the "Europa Passage" sell international books.
I buy there Swedish books, I think they have also Portugues and French.

Sorry, but I don't know one in Hannover.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version