Andy E
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6912 days ago

1651 posts - 1939 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French

Message 1 of 5
14 August 2007 at 2:03am | IP Logged 
A request for information here. Anyone know of any good bookshops in Valencia? I'm off there next week and would like to take the opportunity to make a couple of purchases.

TIA

Andy

1 person has voted this message useful

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6512 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 5
14 August 2007 at 4:28am | IP Logged 
The best one is probably the one across the street and slightly to the right from the main railway station, -I have forgotten its name. There is also said to be a good one at Corte Inglés in the center, but I haven't tried that one

Edited by Iversen on 14 August 2007 at 4:29am

Andy E
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6912 days ago

1651 posts - 1939 votes 

Message 3 of 5
14 August 2007 at 5:02am | IP Logged 
Iversen wrote:
The best one is probably the one across the street and slightly to the right from the main railway station, -I have forgotten its name. There is also said to be a good one at Corte Inglés in the center, but I haven't tried that one

Thanks for that. Since I'm going with my wife, I can virtually guarantee there will be at least one visit to el Corte Inglés....

I know where the railway station is from our hotel and I've found two bookshops nearby:

One is a branch of Casa del Libro (I'm familiar with their website) and the other is a branch of a chain called Paris-Valencia. Either of those names ring a bell?

Andy

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6512 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 4 of 5
14 August 2007 at 5:33am | IP Logged 
Casa del Libro may be the one where I bought my Catalan dictionary. It is across the street from the Plaza de Toros.

Edited by Iversen on 14 August 2007 at 6:19am

Andy E
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6912 days ago

1651 posts - 1939 votes 

Message 5 of 5
14 August 2007 at 6:15am | IP Logged 
Casa del Libro is indeed across the street from the Plaza de Toros....

Thanks very much

Andy.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version