Norway
johnnysd.deviantart.
Joined 5376 days ago

18 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: Norwegian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, Korean, French

Message 25 of 26
19 May 2010 at 9:52pm | IP Logged 
Not sure if this is a bit too late, but I went to South-Korea last year, and picked up some language books from a bookstore, and they are really good, in my opinion. The series is called "An introductory course in Korean", and consists of 3 books. Written by Fred Lukoff.

Link to the first book: An introductory course in Korean
3 persons have voted this message useful

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6138 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 26 of 26
20 May 2010 at 4:26pm | IP Logged 
Jiwon wrote:
FSI Korean - This is available free on the internet, but its romanization is horrible. Major drawback is it never teaches you Hangul through out the course. The drills are useful for spoken Korean, though.

Although you don't say it explicitly I think it's implied in your description that the romanization is used throughout the FSI course. Romanization is not used in the second volume only Hangul is.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 26 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version