FXcuisine.com
Joined 7136 days ago

3094 posts - 2987 votes 
12 sounds
Speaks: French*, EnglishC2, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian
Personal Language Map

Message 1 of 4
24 September 2007 at 5:47am | IP Logged 
"Lessons in Polyglottery" is a discussion room for asking questions to Prof. Alexander Arguelles, the forum member formerly known as 'Ardaschir', professor of Linguistics and polyglot emeritus who was one of the first members of his forum and still one of the most distinguished. His posts are the very material we have ever seen here.

Please refrain from contacting him directly through Private Messages, it is much more efficient to ask questions in this room and let Prof. Arguelles' answers benefit us all.

Although Prof.Arguelles/Ardaschir himself has full Moderating permissions in this room, I will myself delete disrespectful messages and expel their authors from the forum should I ever see one.

Edited by administrator on 01 October 2007 at 2:34pm

1 person has voted this message useful

ProfArguelles
United States
foreignlanguageexper
Joined 7016 days ago

609 posts - 2102 votes 

Message 2 of 4
04 October 2008 at 4:03pm | IP Logged 
This room has different standards and conventions from the other rooms on the forum. Its purpose is to be a venue for public correspondence with me. Because I have accumulated so many hours of language study in my own life, other people are always asking for my advice and the benefit of my experience. I am happy to give it, and while I cannot manage the volume of individual private requests that I receive, I am pleased to answer questions about language learning if I feel that I am contributing to the construction of a respectable and citable reference source as I do so. Thus, I ask that all contributions to this room come in the form of polite formal correspondence from authors who clearly and properly introduce themselves.

Alexander Arguelles

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version