FXcuisine.com
Joined 7156 days ago

3094 posts - 2987 votes 
12 sounds
Speaks: French*, EnglishC2, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian
Personal Language Map

Message 1 of 2
14 June 2005 at 2:06pm | IP Logged 
I just received an intriguing language program meant to teach you a large variety of insults in Russian.

The format of the program is not impressive but its innovative content is worth mentionning.

Basically it's a guy who hired a Russian friend and asks him to translate a long lists of curses and insults from English into Russian. What you get is an audio CD-Rom with 1 hour 4 minutes of sound. The sound quality is really terrible, like if the people had been speaking inside a washing machine with their nose pinched. I am not an audiophile and this is really very annoying.

The curses discussed are quite fun, with a discussion of various translations for the human sexual organs.

For all its drawbacks I still think it's a nice example of an innovative homemade language program. I hope we'll see more in the future and of better quality!

The man who sells this is on Ebay.com under the nickname of 'swamphandy'. He makes this in several languages (Spanish, French, etc...).

Edited by administrator on 14 June 2005 at 2:07pm

1 person has voted this message useful

jradetzky
Triglot
United Kingdom
geocities.com/jradet
Joined 6987 days ago

521 posts - 485 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2, GermanB1

Message 2 of 2
14 June 2005 at 2:16pm | IP Logged 
Try this www.insultmonger.com/swearing/
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version