United States
Joined 6991 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 17 of 92
01 November 2012 at 9:55pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
Luke, this thread goes about your experiences with the study of Esperanto. Other people are invited to comment and give advice, so I will transfer this thread to the Log Subforum. So now you have an Esperanto-log!

Thank you Fasulye. I'd wondered why I didn't find it there before, and now I will.
1 person has voted this message useful

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6991 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 18 of 92
02 November 2012 at 7:52am | IP Logged 
This morning I did Bildoj kaj Demandoj lesson 2-4. The course uses reading, listening, writing, and speaking.

Edited by luke on 02 November 2012 at 7:53am

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5651 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 19 of 92
03 November 2012 at 6:39am | IP Logged 
Have you ever looked into "La pasporto al la tuta mondo"? I thought it was a really funny course, similar in style to JNM but whackier. I didn't do the workbook stuff (i didn't have them), i just watched the DVD episodes and found them interesting and silly :) I think with the workbook it's a much more intensive course.
2 persons have voted this message useful

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6991 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 20 of 92
03 November 2012 at 8:22am | IP Logged 
Crush wrote:
Have you ever looked into "La pasporto al la tuta mondo"? I thought it was a really funny course, similar in style to JNM but whackier. I didn't do the workbook stuff (i didn't have them), i just watched the DVD episodes and found them interesting and silly :) I think with the workbook it's a much more intensive course.

I took a course with the local Esperanto group that used La Pasaporto al la Tuta Mondo. They had the DVDs and the workbooks. The DVDs struck me as an odd component for a group class. I.E., sitting around watching TV. I think the more senior members of the group looked at the experience more as checking out the new course, perhaps as a part of Esperanto culture.

Now that I see the videos on youtube, I should probably take a trip through them again on my journey.

Edited by luke on 03 November 2012 at 8:31am

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6991 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 21 of 92
04 November 2012 at 3:32am | IP Logged 
In two different sittings, I watched the first two videos from La Pasaporto al la Tuta Mondo. It's good for comprehensible input.

I also did lessons 5-6 in Bildoj kaj Demandoj.

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6991 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 22 of 92
05 November 2012 at 11:33pm | IP Logged 
I've made it through the first 4 videos of La Pasaporto al la Tuta Mondo. Today I listened to and read Voyage with Zam. Also listened to another chapter of L.L. Zamenhof's Book One. I'm into the dictionary section of the book. There are three chapters left. I think the last 3 chapters are shorter.

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6991 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 23 of 92
06 November 2012 at 10:57am | IP Logged 
This morning I watched exciting episode five of La Pasaporto al la Tuta Mondo. I noticed that youtube has a knob to play the video at different speeds. I watched a bit of episode 6 at 1.5x speed. I'm going to continue with the series at normal speed, but at some point in the future, I may review it at 1.5x to save some time and to force myself to think a bit faster.

I did lesson 8 from Bildoj kaj Demandoj. I noticed there is an [all pictures] link at the top of the lesson that shows the review for all 50 lessons. I had created mp3s for all 50 lessons some years back and can see it will make for a good review and also preview. I did the review/preview of lessons 1-10.
3 persons have voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6695 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 24 of 92
06 November 2012 at 7:54pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the info about the speed knob - I've never seen that!

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 92 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version