Groupie
Canada
Joined 6246 days ago

69 posts - 77 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, French, English, Portuguese, German
Studies: Mandarin, Korean

Message 1 of 4
29 September 2007 at 5:41pm | IP Logged 
I would like/suggest a few things be changed in the Spanish profile.

1. Quote: However, the correct phrase is 'No problema!'.

Please, that phrase does not exist, and is grammatically incorrect. The correct expression is "¡No hay problema!". The english word no is translated in this context as ningún/ninguna. Actually, the expression "Ningún problema" exists as well.

2. Tango is not mainly instrumental."Tango for export" might be, however tango listened to in Argentina (by old people, I admit) is sung. And the lyrics are somewhat hard to understand, because of the use of lunfardo.

Edited by agimcomas on 29 September 2007 at 5:42pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Argentina84
Argentina
Joined 6071 days ago

11 posts - 11 votes
Speaks: English
Studies: Italian, French

Message 2 of 4
12 October 2007 at 5:44pm | IP Logged 
agimcomas wrote:
2. Tango is not mainly instrumental."Tango for export" might be, however tango listened to in Argentina (by old people, I admit) is sung. And the lyrics are somewhat hard to understand, because of the use of lunfardo.

Just a comment: I am not old and I listen to instrumental tango!( Astor Piazzolla)

Hencke
Tetraglot
Spain
Joined 6681 days ago

2340 posts - 2444 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, Finnish, EnglishC2, Spanish
Studies: Mandarin
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 4
28 May 2008 at 2:28am | IP Logged 
agimcomas wrote:
I would like/suggest a few things be changed in the Spanish profile.

I pointed out a couple of factual errors in the Spanish profile too some time ago, but there has not been any reaction.

I suppose the Administrator is too busy with other things, and these are just details after all.

It is a shame though, to have two or three clear pieces of misinformation in there, since as a whole the Spanish profile is an excellent and very informative summary for the prospective language student.

Edited by Hencke on 28 May 2008 at 2:34am

gogglehead
Triglot
Argentina
Joined 5862 days ago

248 posts - 320 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Russian, Italian

Message 4 of 4
29 July 2008 at 4:06pm | IP Logged 
I personally thig the Spanish profile on here is quite informative, just my opinion

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version