FXcuisine.com
Joined 7256 days ago

3094 posts - 2987 votes 
12 sounds
Speaks: French*, EnglishC2, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian
Personal Language Map

Message 17 of 29
25 April 2006 at 4:00am | IP Logged 
Hello Nephilim, glad to have you back too! Ardaschir seems to be working very hard in the offline word. Maybe we could have a sort of joint letter of all interested forum members to ask him to come back to the forum. We could agree on a common text and then every forum member who feels like it could subscribe to it. I can establish a forum poll and people could post a little message of encouragement to Ardaschir for his second coming (so to speak!).
1 person has voted this message useful

braveb
United States
languageprograms.blo
Joined 7077 days ago

264 posts - 263 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, French

Message 18 of 29
25 April 2006 at 8:37am | IP Logged 
This forum seems to be the only public place to compare and contrast different methods in language learning, so I'm pretty suprised there aren't more professors on this forum sharing ideas. Is there some inexpensive journal one can suscribe to for the average language hobbyist?

Nephilim
Diglot
Poland
Joined 7025 days ago

363 posts - 368 votes 
Speaks: English*, Polish

Message 19 of 29
25 April 2006 at 10:06am | IP Logged 
administrator wrote:
Hello Nephilim, glad to have you back too! Ardaschir seems to be working very hard in the offline word. Maybe we could have a sort of joint letter of all interested forum members to ask him to come back to the forum. We could agree on a common text and then every forum member who feels like it could subscribe to it. I can establish a forum poll and people could post a little message of encouragement to Ardaschir for his second coming (so to speak!).

Hello again administrator. It's good to be back. I've been swamped with work for the past few months and been unable to contribute much to this site. Thankfully work is beginning to ease up a little. That Ardaschir is busy in the offline world comes as no surprise at all; I suspect he's putting the finishing touches to his book.

Yes, it would be a great idea if we could set up some form of Ardaschir forum and if he's really busy he could perhaps set aside a couple of hours once a month. I have always found his posts to be helpful and informative and they have awakened my interest in other areas of language study. I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Let's set up some kind of voting poll where members of the site can vote if the want Ardaschir to return. Once he sees how much he is missed it might spur him to action.

What do other members think of this idea?

solidsnake
Diglot
China
Joined 6921 days ago

469 posts - 488 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin

Message 20 of 29
25 April 2006 at 1:32pm | IP Logged 
I'd sign it!

hokusai77
Triglot
Italy
Joined 7032 days ago

212 posts - 217 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: Italian*, FrenchB1, EnglishC1
Studies: GermanB1, Japanese

Message 21 of 29
25 April 2006 at 3:02pm | IP Logged 
Good idea! I miss his posts!

patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6895 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 22 of 29
25 April 2006 at 4:16pm | IP Logged 
Although I joined the forum after Ardaschir stopped posting, I found it extremely useful to read his old posts. I would definitely like him to return.

fanatic
Octoglot
Australia
speedmathematics.com
Joined 7026 days ago

1152 posts - 1818 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French, Afrikaans, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Dutch
Studies: Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Modern Hebrew, Malay, Mandarin, Esperanto

Message 23 of 29
25 April 2006 at 6:52pm | IP Logged 
Please, Ardaschir, come back. We need your insight and experience. One or two posts per month would be great if you are swamped with work outside the forum.

andee
Tetraglot
Japan
Joined 6957 days ago

681 posts - 724 votes 
3 sounds
Speaks: English*, German, Korean, French

Message 24 of 29
26 April 2006 at 6:32am | IP Logged 
Likewise, I miss reading the informative posts Ardaschir contributed - it was just last weekend I actually went through some of his old posts on several languages to give me some further insight.

This discussion contains 29 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 24  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version