Alvinho
Triglot
Brazil
Joined 5994 days ago

828 posts - 832 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, English, Spanish

Message 1 of 7
28 November 2007 at 7:57pm | IP Logged 
Does someone know about a website on which there are classes in Romanian, with sounds, pronounciation key and other stuff....of course, for free....

I'd be glad if someone could provide me with such information...

thanks
1 person has voted this message useful

Dogtanian
Diglot
Scotland
Joined 6167 days ago

33 posts - 39 votes
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Russian, Greek

Message 2 of 7
28 November 2007 at 8:23pm | IP Logged 
I know you posted this on another thread and presumably didn't get an answer. I searched for such sites quite a while ago and simply didn't find anything very useful. I imagine if you do a search you will come up with a few things but unless there is something new around it will be the same basic "courses" I found some time ago.

I found this by searching for "learn Romanian online":

http://www.101languages.net/romanian/

I'm sure if you search for longer than the 30 seconds it took me to find that you will discover a few other things.

The FSI courses site also has a Romanian grammar if I remember correctly.

Hope that helps a little.

Alvinho
Triglot
Brazil
Joined 5994 days ago

828 posts - 832 votes 

Message 3 of 7
28 November 2007 at 8:35pm | IP Logged 
thanks Dognatarian

Eafonte
Triglot
Groupie
Brazil
Joined 5996 days ago

59 posts - 63 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Esperanto, English
Studies: Russian

Message 4 of 7
28 November 2007 at 8:35pm | IP Logged 
Alvinho,

Try these: http://www.romanianlessons.com/

http://www.franklang.ru/569/
2 persons have voted this message useful

Alvinho
Triglot
Brazil
Joined 5994 days ago

828 posts - 832 votes 

Message 5 of 7
28 November 2007 at 8:44pm | IP Logged 
the fact is hard to find teachers who teach Romanian here in Brazil....in a few cities the language is taught at minor schools.....it's almost impossible to find private teachers.....

Dogtanian
Diglot
Scotland
Joined 6167 days ago

33 posts - 39 votes

Message 6 of 7
29 November 2007 at 4:36pm | IP Logged 
I'm in Scotland, so far the only Romanian courses I have been able to find are held at the University of London which is a tad too far. In any case classes only slow you down! At least now that Romania is part of the EU there should be some native speakers around, that's not much help to you though.

Have you thought of having online lessons? There is someone here who offers online lessons: http://www.romanianlessons.ro/ I can't recommend him as I've never as much as contacted him but the site has popped up several times in my search results so that could be something if it's a teacher you're looking for.

Dogtanian
Diglot
Scotland
Joined 6167 days ago

33 posts - 39 votes

Message 7 of 7
29 November 2007 at 5:07pm | IP Logged 
I have just perused that site again and I find the tone bullying rather than persuasive, here are some quotes from it:

Can I learn Romanian without a teacher?

Maybe (just maybe), if you are a genius, you can try to learn English or French on your own. There are good materials to learn some languages, but... not Romanian. So, frankly, you don't stand a chance, genius or not.

How much is it?

The current average fee is 15.25 €/hour.
This average results from the two price levels:

15.95 €/hour for the first half of the course;
    14.55 €/hour for the second half of the course.

HOWEVER, because of the bonus hours, the average price can go as low as 14.40 €/hour.

Warning: The price is going to be more and more "EU", meaning it will go up. Next surge: Jan 1st 2008 - so hurry up. The current price won't be modified for students who will have begun on it.

How can I find a local Romanian tutor (in my town)?

You will not be able to. We are so few, trust me... ;-)
And if you don't, to make it more convincing, let me put it this way: there are bigger chances for you to be hit by an atomic bomb in the next 10 seconds than finding a competent tutor in your town! Count to 10. Has it hit you? It hasn't? Now do you see what I mean?

Draw your own conclusions...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version