Poland
Joined 6665 days ago

265 posts - 264 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishC1, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Portuguese, Japanese

Message 1 of 2
09 December 2007 at 5:33pm | IP Logged 
Dear Professor,

I am aware of the fact that you have numerous questions asked here, so please forgive me posting another one. Nevertheless, I have not found a thorough answer yet.

I'm 19 and my brother is 13. I'm a language enthusiast and I would like to teach my brother English. He has been studying English at school for two years now but unfortunately he doesn't know anything except for a few dozens of simple words. I, being a person fond of self-studying, have no idea how I should behave in this situation. If you could give me a piece of advice how I should approach this challenge, I will be really grateful.

Piotr G.
1 person has voted this message useful

ProfArguelles
United States
foreignlanguageexper
Joined 7015 days ago

609 posts - 2102 votes 

Message 2 of 2
09 December 2007 at 6:19pm | IP Logged 
If your brother is mature and actively wants to learn, try this: get a copy of something like the Berlitz Self-Teacher for English and sit him down in short face to face sessions in which you march him through the chapters, both of you physically acting out as many of the questions as possible by walking around to find the objects in question.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version