11 messages over 2 pages: 1
Maximus
United Kingdom
Joined 6531 days ago

417 posts - 427 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Japanese, Thai

Message 9 of 11
11 January 2008 at 8:44am | IP Logged 
Thankyou all very much. I must say, for most part the people of this forum are extremely helpful. I always know I can count on this place. Very appreciative of all the rapid feedback.

Things seem clearer now. These very things that I already had some knowledge of, I just needed clarification. As for the "moraitai" and "itadakitai" contructions, I knew there "for me" usage, but I didn't know that you can express that the "helper person" also may do it on a subconscious level. By that I mean not even knowing of their agreement with my own desire.

By the way, thanks for those links. I will check them out when I get the opportunity.

One more question based on this theme. For the negative "I don't want (ocurrence of action out of my control)", which way would this be expressed?

Would you used the negative -te form: T-san ga shachou wo naguranaide hoshii desu
Or would the negative of hoshii be used: T-san ga shachou wo nagutte hoshikunai desu

Thanks for your kind responses in advance.

One more thing, Kanji rules. With these compound verbs eg/ -te hoshii, -te morau, -te itadaku, is it true that the lose their kanji in these constructions? I was told than now days the rules have been simplified and compounds like this now don't commonly employ Kanji.

Thankyou

Luke
1 person has voted this message useful

Gon-no-suke
Triglot
Japan
Joined 6216 days ago

156 posts - 191 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, Japanese, EnglishC2
Studies: Korean, Malay, Swahili

Message 10 of 11
12 January 2008 at 4:40pm | IP Logged 
Maximus wrote:
One more thing, Kanji rules. With these compound verbs eg/ -te hoshii, -te morau, -te itadaku, is it true that the lose their kanji in these constructions? I was told than now days the rules have been simplified and compounds like this now don't commonly employ Kanji.

Yes, you write them in hiragana. When typing a lot of foreigners have the tendency to over-use kanji, writing things like 此れ and 其れ. Don't.

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 11 of 11
02 October 2016 at 5:28pm | IP Logged 
Gon-no-suke wrote:

Yes, you write them in hiragana. When typing a lot of foreigners have the tendency to over-use kanji, writing things like 此れ and 其れ. Don't.

What Kanji words must be written with Hiragana? I only know a few, like omae, anata, -tachi, and -ra.

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version