United States
Joined 5855 days ago

56 posts - 58 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: Russian

Message 49 of 52
22 April 2008 at 10:09pm | IP Logged 
Congrats!

In your opinion, which was more effective in helping you to think in French, FIA or the L-R method?
1 person has voted this message useful

vanityx3
Diglot
United States
Joined 6247 days ago

331 posts - 326 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Japanese

Message 50 of 52
24 April 2008 at 8:14am | IP Logged 
FIA helped me much more. Hands Down. But I studied really hard with FIA to make good progress quickly.
Also for most of the time I never owned the FIA book that has all the conversations in it, I think this helped me too, but forcing myself to understand new things only by hearing them and watching the program.

Edited by vanityx3 on 24 April 2008 at 8:22am

vanityx3
Diglot
United States
Joined 6247 days ago

331 posts - 326 votes 
1 sounds

Message 51 of 52
24 April 2008 at 8:20am | IP Logged 
Yesterday, I had to do a French Interview with the head of the French Department at the University I'm going to attend. I had to do this interview to confirm my placment into advanced French classes, my speaking ability could of possibly placed me back into Intermediate French since I'm transferring. I made a few small mistakes, but nothing major, and he told me French 301 (Advanced French 1) would be a good starting place for me.

Now that I've confirmed my placement at the advanced level in French, I'm going to take a much needed break from studying. Just for a week or so, so I can relax.

vanityx3
Diglot
United States
Joined 6247 days ago

331 posts - 326 votes 
1 sounds

Message 52 of 52
01 June 2008 at 1:06am | IP Logged 
Haven't studied French in a month, but am planning to start soon again, listening and speaking only. I found I was able to read Maupassant easily even after a month off of studies, so this has encouraged me. Will start my college studies as a French major in Fall and I'm looking forward to it. Planning on studying abroad a year in Rennes or Angers sometime also.

This discussion contains 52 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version