alang
Diglot
Canada
Joined 7023 days ago

563 posts - 757 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 1 of 4
17 February 2008 at 9:33pm | IP Logged 

My question is about pbs and when Barry Farber was on it promoting Pimsleur. Is there a way to find out when a rebroadcasting will happen?
There was suppose to be more information about Barry talking about Harry Lorrayne's memory techniques.
If anyone is wondering how I saw or know a bit of it. I saw a clip on the Simon and Schuster website.
1 person has voted this message useful

ted23
United Kingdom
Joined 6285 days ago

22 posts - 24 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 2 of 4
18 February 2008 at 4:39pm | IP Logged 
Sorry, I don't know anything about PBS, but were you aware that Harry Lorayne wrote several books detailing his memory methods pretty comprehensively. Still available as cheap paperbacks.

mcjon77
United States
Joined 6413 days ago

193 posts - 248 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Egyptian), French

Message 3 of 4
18 February 2008 at 6:44pm | IP Logged 
That show initially aired in August of 2006. There aren't any scheduled rebroadcastings anytime soon, from what I can see.

alang
Diglot
Canada
Joined 7023 days ago

563 posts - 757 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 4 of 4
22 July 2008 at 4:49am | IP Logged 

I wonder what happened to the post that informed me the dvd can be bought from Amazon.com?

Well, I bought the dvd anyway out of curiosity. The dvd is approx. 2 hrs. long and has some bonus material. The one hour presentation has some other people give testamonials of how useful a language was and is in their lives.

The bonus material is actually other parts from the lecture not shown in the 1 hr. presentation. Examples: more coverage on Harry Lorayne's technique of memorizing additional vocabulary, Recommendation of the Audioforum company and I think the other bonus was the approval of Pimsleur and how effective it is. Overall including the bonus material makes the dvd close to 2 hrs.

I think the book covers more, but it is inspirational to actually pay attention to a person lecturing about a subject the audience and I have an interest in.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version