Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Assimil Icelandic: we got to bring it up!

Tags: Icelandic | Assimil
 Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
53 messages over 7 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3832 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 
Studies: German

Message 49 of 53
13 August 2017 at 4:37am | IP Logged 
Alang,

Thank you for the update, I have informed the members of the language Learners' Forum through the creation of a similarly-titled post Assimil Icelandic.
1 person has voted this message useful

alang
Diglot
Canada
Joined 7001 days ago

563 posts - 757 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 50 of 53
29 August 2017 at 9:25am | IP Logged 

Latest update:

Customer Service has sent me another message and it looks like the Icelandic program
from Assimil soon to be released will NOT be a "Sans Peine" type of course. The book
with one cd and is suppose to reach A2 level.

In the message customer service stated to have informed me, that she said it may not
be a "Sans Peine" course. That was not the case, as she stated they were preparing an
Icelandic course and did not know the date of release. This was after I asked
specifically if it was going to be a "Sans Peine" type of course. In the future they
might or might not create a "Sans Peine". In other words they don't know. I am still
hopeful though.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3832 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 
Studies: German

Message 51 of 53
29 August 2017 at 2:34pm | IP Logged 
Hello alang,

Once again, thank you very much for your informative comments on the matter of the prospective Assimil Icelandic course. So that the members of the "A Language Learners' Forum" might benefit from your updates, I have copied/pasted the contents of the above post into that forum.

As a separate matter, and as has been once again demonstrated these past few days, the HTLAL continues to show signs of the difficult-to-resolve technical and administrative problems which were the impetus for the launching of the alternative forum. So that others might continue to benefit from your timely posts, I invite you to register on the "A Language Learners' Forum" and post your comments there, as well.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6377 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 52 of 53
31 August 2017 at 1:13am | IP Logged 
alang wrote:

Latest update:

Customer Service has sent me another message and it looks like the Icelandic program
from Assimil soon to be released will NOT be a "Sans Peine" type of course. The book
with one cd and is suppose to reach A2 level.

In the message customer service stated to have informed me, that she said it may not
be a "Sans Peine" course. That was not the case, as she stated they were preparing an
Icelandic course and did not know the date of release. This was after I asked
specifically if it was going to be a "Sans Peine" type of course. In the future they
might or might not create a "Sans Peine". In other words they don't know. I am still
hopeful though.
I'm finding that hard to process :D
-you randomly ask about the icelandic course
-they finaly reply that they're preparing it but don't know the exact date
-you ask whether it's going to be a sans peine course
-they say "we've told you it may not be a sans peine course"

right?

alang
Diglot
Canada
Joined 7001 days ago

563 posts - 757 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 53 of 53
31 August 2017 at 10:49pm | IP Logged 

Speakeasy,

Thanks for the invite to the new site, but I left it since I don't want to split my
time.

Serpent,

I will put it in order.

1st message: I asked (Not randomly) if they are making an Icelandic course and if it
will be "Sans Peine" type. The reply was they are preparing a course and don't know
the date. They will send a message when they market it.

*Note: She did not say whether the course was "Sans Peine" or not.

Next message: I messaged them again, Customer service stated they are editing an
Icelandic program, but she stated from the previous message, that she told me it may
be NOT "Sans Peine".

Well, I searched the Internet, instead of just accepting what she said.
It is in fact NOT a "Sans Peine" program.

I had other information I thought would be for them, but the reply was it would be
interesting even if they DON'T intend to edit any other Icelandic program aside from
the one which is expected soon. (The A2 one)

I hope this helps, as I don't come to this site as much as I used to. If Assimil
comes out with a "Sans Peine" type of course, it would be great. I am hopeful they
will release one eventually. I won't wait for it though. When I decide to finally
learn Icelandic I am going to the one year immersion program in the capital after I
finish my commercial programs I purchased. I also don't post a lot of the other things
I found, as life is just too busy in the real world and it would be time consuming to
look them up again.

This discussion contains 53 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version