Japan
kanjicabinet.tumblr.
Joined 6550 days ago

2282 posts - 2814 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, Korean, Ancient Greek

Message 9 of 11
08 June 2008 at 4:49am | IP Logged 
Wow, when I learnt the kanji I only did 30 per week. :)
1 person has voted this message useful

walrus
Japan
Joined 5870 days ago

7 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese

Message 10 of 11
28 July 2008 at 6:57pm | IP Logged 
So the goal was 80 a day but it's closer to 40. Which is really good, BUT my weekly average is around 150. I'm going to start learning at least ONE kanji a day. Because some days I feel to busy to study; which is fine. My reviews are doing much better.
I review using anki at the least every three days ( I really slack on the weekends and on the weekdays it's everyday ) I really want to put up pictures to remind me of the kanji instead of stories. I haven't figured that out yet. The kanji I know is making reading a much more enjoyable, because it's like a giant puzzle.
I'm reading Konan and I love it. I'm using a electronic dictionary when I read through it and only look up hiragana words and/or kanji that I recognize. I feel like I understand half, thanks to the pictures! If I feel I understand the sentence I ask my girlfriend to make sure I understand it ( I'll start writing down the sentences I interpret so I can review later)
My girlfriend is from Osaka, and she's introducing me to Osaka-bin. She talks to me for about an hour. Then she gets annoyed because I don't understand her and switches to English. I'm really getting tempted to start studying sentences, but I'm only half way through RTK.
People have suggested just going out and talking. And I do. I go out talk, hit a road block, switch to English, hit a wall, and try to just cut the topic, to move on. Doesn't work. Whoever I'm talking to just gets to confused, and I get confused. We laugh and part ways.
I understand that learning the kanji will help me understand new words that I read, but it won't help me learn new words that I hear. And how am I suppose to write out the kanji for the words that I learn through the environment?
I'm planning on using a workbook and Tae Kim's Japanese Guide works. I'm addicted to learning and studying new kanji. And plan on learning new 50 new kanji today

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 11 of 11
12 April 2016 at 6:18pm | IP Logged 
You guys have fast progresses. My pace is only 2 Kanji per day.

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version