Joined 5607 days ago

12 posts - 12 votes
Speaks: Sign Language, Greenlandic*

Message 81 of 142
23 December 2008 at 7:37pm | IP Logged 
Jar-ptitsa wrote:
Ungungai wrote:
Jar-ptitsa wrote:
LOL!!! This is Greenlandic? It look like absolutely imposisble to understand :-) Great!!! Is it part of the next story- have we to continue it? I've read that you know sign Language. I'd like veyr much to learn Sign Language, I find it beautiful. Are you deaf?

haha, no its Inuktitut part in Natsilingmiutut dialects
and our inuktitut similiar kalaallisut. of course lol
yeah im deaf, ASL are my fluently speaker lol

Wow, it's interesting but I never heard of this languages. Whta's Inuktitut, it's the language, and Natsilngmiutut is a region? It's similar kalaalsut, what's this, for example other language? You put that Greenlandic's your language, maybe those other ones are languages in Greenland as well? Please explain me :-)

The "of course" is about the story, that we have to continue it, or that you're deaf? If you mean the story I will compose the next part.

How difficult's the sign Language for the people who aren't deaf and who want to learn it? I don't know deaf people, unfortunately. Can you talk ? It have to be very diffcult talking if you're deaf i think.   

Inuktitut are inuit of the northern canada. NWT, Nunavut, Nunavik and Labrador of the Bfld.
Natsilingmiutut are dialect of the central (East Kitikmoet in nunavut), we has 16 dialects inuit languages. in Alaskan Inupiaq has 4/5 dialects, and Canadian Inuit has 9 dialects and Greenlandic Inuit has 3 dialects

related Yupik and Aleut family languages and distant related Uralic-Altaic especially Japanese and Korean.

Difficult for who not hearing for use sign language? hmm depends if you go to college or university for learning ASL has more than levels 5 i thinks, my interpreter told me ASL done in 2-4 yrs....some people hard to understand who deaf speak ASL, but if you already learn ASL since more 10 yrs it would be easier.

you can ask someone who deaf could teaching you sign language it will be fun =]

Edited by Ungungai on 23 December 2008 at 7:38pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Ungungai
Diglot
Canada
Joined 5607 days ago

12 posts - 12 votes

Message 82 of 142
23 December 2008 at 7:44pm | IP Logged 
Jar-ptitsa wrote:
I found happy Christmas in a language which maybe is your one?

Quvianagli Anaiyyuniqpaliqsi suli Nakuuluni Ukiutqiutiqsi

That inupiaq dialects Quvianarli Anaiyyunipaliqsi suli Nakuulluni Ukiutqiutiqsi meaning
Happy Xmas and Happy New Year

We say
Quviasugvingmi Quviasugitsi amma Ukiuaq Nutaaq Tikingmivuq (Inuktitut)
(Christmas-Merry and Year-New-Happy
and Juullimi ukiortaasamilu pilluaritsi (Kalaallisut)

Eskimo-Aleut 'Merry Christmas'

Kamgan Ukudigaa in Aleut

Quyanaghhalek Kuusmemi (Siberian Yupik)

Spřaasnikam (Alutiiq)

Angniq Alussistuaq (Yup'ik) (Merry Christmas)
Slaaviqegcikina (Yup'ik...Merry Russian Christmas)

Nayaangmik Piqagiñ (Iñupiaq)

Quviasugvingmi Quviasugitsi (Offical in Inuktitut)
(Christmas-Merry) 'Merry Christmas'

Quviahugvingmi Quviahugitsi (West Inuktitun)

Quviasummi Quviasugitsi or Quviasuvvisiutsiarit (East Inuktitut)

Juullimi Pilluaritsi (Kalaallisut)

and

'Happy New Year'

Slum Tagadagan Qaĝataa (Aleut)

Quyangalleq Nutaghamun Aymiqulleq (Siberian Yupik)

Amlertut Kiaget (Alutiiq Sugpiaq)

Angniq Nutaraq Allrakuq (Yup'ik)

Paglaun Ukiutchiaq (Inupiaq)

Ukiuaq Nutaaq Tikingmivuq (Inuktitut)

Qitinngumarik (East Inuktitut)

Ukiortaami Pilluaritsi (Kalaallisut)

Edited by Ungungai on 23 December 2008 at 8:12pm

Jar-ptitsa
Triglot
Belgium
Joined 5685 days ago

980 posts - 1006 votes 
Speaks: French*, Dutch, German

Message 83 of 142
23 December 2008 at 8:20pm | IP Logged 
wow!!!!!!!! your replys are very interesting. I'm very happy that you visit this thread and that we 've this conversation.

During long time I want to learn sign Lnaguage and I want to know deaf people. Sometimes I'm fed up with spoken conversatiosn because I don't know who said which thing, and in my school I've learned some strategies, for example to look to the lips of the people and then you can know who's spoken and if you must reply ( if you reply but they hadn't spoken they laugh at me). I think that the deaf people would be not nasty when i made such mistakes. In my new school they don't laugh. How's your school, or are you older?

Quote:
Inuktitut are inuit of the northern canada. NWT, Nunavut, Nunavik and Labrador of the Bfld.
Natsilingmiutut are dialect of the central (East Kitikmoet in nunavut), we has 16 dialects inuit languages. in Alaskan Inupiaq has 4/5 dialects, and Canadian Inuit has 9 dialects and Greenlandic Inuit has 3 dialects

Wow!!!!! very many dialects!!! I like very much dialects. Which is your nationality? maybe you feel Inuit, but it's not a country, but in Canada, US and Greenland. Those places are beautiful I think, although very cold, no? Have you much snow? We've snow in the winter, but not all the time, but about 20 or 30 days each year.

Quote:
related Yupik and Aleut family languages and distant related Uralic-Altaic especially Japanese and Korean.

But, your language is written in the same alphabet than English. Can you understand some Japanese or Korean when it's written in our alphabet ? (Or maybe you can read those ones as well).

Quote:
Difficult for who not hearing for use sign language? hmm depends if you go to college or university for learning ASL has more than levels 5 i thinks, my interpreter told me ASL done in 2-4 yrs....some people hard to understand who deaf speak ASL, but if you already learn ASL since more 10 yrs it would be easier.

you can learn ASL in 2-4 years? I suppose with muhc study and practise. After 10 yrs it's easier, I can imagine.

Quote:
you can ask someone who deaf could teaching you sign language it will be fun =]

yes, it will be wonderful and great. I've some problems, therefore i don't know if I can learn it good, but I want to try it.

Tomorrow I will continue our international story!!!

Ungungai
Diglot
Canada
Joined 5607 days ago

12 posts - 12 votes

Message 84 of 142
24 December 2008 at 4:03am | IP Logged 
Jar-ptitsa wrote:
wow!!!!!!!! your replys are very interesting. I'm very happy that you visit this thread and that we 've this conversation.

During long time I want to learn sign Lnaguage and I want to know deaf people. Sometimes I'm fed up with spoken conversatiosn because I don't know who said which thing, and in my school I've learned some strategies, for example to look to the lips of the people and then you can know who's spoken and if you must reply ( if you reply but they hadn't spoken they laugh at me). I think that the deaf people would be not nasty when i made such mistakes. In my new school they don't laugh. How's your school, or are you older?

Ohh i see, if they laugh at you for reason you first time signs or gestures they may be misunderstand or not understand what are you trying says.

Ah my school? lol i attending college it not bad but i have 2 weeks holiday till jan 5
lol im only 21 im still students eh

Quote:

Quote:
Wow!!!!! very many dialects!!! I like very much dialects. Which is your nationality? maybe you feel Inuit, but it's not a country, but in Canada, US and Greenland. Those places are beautiful I think, although very cold, no? Have you much snow? We've snow in the winter, but not all the time, but about 20 or 30 days each year.

yeah its numerous dialect but we still understand communicate in inuit dialects i can understand Kalaallisut 80% and Inupiaq as well but difficult understand Yupik 50%
My dialect is Natsilingmiutut and Kivallirmiutut...my nationaly are Canadian-Inuit
haha yeah pretty cold in my place but cold are my blood eh, but still warm too. realistic different arctic than any countries eh? we have snow in almost 10 months and almost 1.3 week for blizzard and over -50 to -90 C lol

Quote:

Quote:
But, your language is written in the same alphabet than English. Can you understand some Japanese or Korean when it's written in our alphabet ? (Or maybe you can read those ones as well).

Inuktitut use writing Canadian Syllabic writing system borrowing from Abudiga but we not use traditional writing, Japanese borrowing Chinese's writing kanji etc you see Japanese use Romanji as well but i means inuit are very similar japanese word
look here:

Inuit and Japanese:
ani/ani 'older brother'
niqi/niku 'meat'
naaq/onaka 'belly/stomach'
atigi/atsugi 't-shirt/clothes'
inuusiq/inochi 'life'
taki/taka 'tall'
simik/shime- 'to block up'
qugjuk/kugui 'swan'
imiq/mizu 'water'
imaq/umi 'sea/ocean'
ii,aa/ee,aa (yes)
iiq/iie (no)
utchuk/chitsu 'vagina'
ayyigiik/ayakaru 'similiar/likeness'

hiqiniq 'sun'/hi 'sun' and hikaru 'shining'
kangiqsi 'understand'/kangeru 'thinks'
savik/(old-japanese 'safi' 'knife'
sila 'atmosphere'/sora 'sky'
napaq 'growing'/noboru 'to rising'
qai, qayaq 'canoe'/kaji 'oar' and (Turkish qajiq/kayik) kayak

Piqsiq/(Korean 'pikseol' 'heavy snow/blizzard'

Inuit is very closely related Japanese's similiar word, you know Inuit and Eskimo-Aleut originally Far East Asian and they moved to North America in 10,000 years ago.

Linguist believes Eskimo-Aleut related Uralic-Altaic (Japanese/Korean related Altaic) and Basque as well

Edited by Ungungai on 24 December 2008 at 4:12am

Lindsay19
Diglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5608 days ago

183 posts - 214 votes 
Speaks: English*, GermanC1
Studies: Swedish, Faroese, Icelandic

Message 85 of 142
24 December 2008 at 11:02am | IP Logged 
Jag tror att jag är wirklich verwirrt...Dónde están los huevos de muerte?!

Jar-ptitsa
Triglot
Belgium
Joined 5685 days ago

980 posts - 1006 votes 

Message 86 of 142
26 December 2008 at 2:24pm | IP Logged 
Quote:
haha yeah pretty cold in my place but cold are my blood eh, but still warm too. realistic different arctic than any countries eh? we have snow in almost 10 months and almost 1.3 week for blizzard and over -50 to -90 C lol

snow during 10 months !!!!!! -50 to -90 C !!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a friend of you!!! LOL!!

Jar-ptitsa
Triglot
Belgium
Joined 5685 days ago

980 posts - 1006 votes 

Message 87 of 142
26 December 2008 at 2:29pm | IP Logged 
Hi Lindsay 19!!

Hi Ungungai

we can continue with our converstaion on my Log (Jar Ptitsa's languages converstaions log) because now we will play this game:

THE STORY UNTIL NOW

Ma petite amie m'a expliqué qu'elle s'est cassé la jambe en valdinguant dans l'escalier... Malingnaurrunaluk ninngaqtuq akuniliktiqtaulirami angutigillukpakpuq
Qurliiguq katagaugivut; ninngautirranalukpai. Iglut tikitaurraanalukput Tikiutigami igalaaq ihivaqpaa. Ningaungitaguuq akpiutivait:
"Ningaalugillakpianarniaqputit, qaqarraanalugit ihaakkanniqtiqtuarlutit
aarlukkaanniqtiqtuarlutit". Jag tror att jag är wirklich verwirrt...Dónde están los huevos de muerte?!

^veganboy^
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 5706 days ago

51 posts - 51 votes 

Message 88 of 142
06 January 2009 at 7:10pm | IP Logged 
Paire Nòstre qu'ei ath cèl,
qu'eth tièu nòm sia sanctificat;
qu'eth tièu règne venga.
qu'era tia volontat sia hèita ara tèrra coma ath cèl.
Dòna-nos agüèi eth nòstre pan de cada dia,
e perdona-nos es nòstres ofènses
coma nosàti perdonam es d'aqueths que nos an ofensats
e no nos deishes pas caure en tentacion;
mai deliura-nos deth malin.
Atal sia.

adeu siau!

This discussion contains 142 messages over 18 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version