Triglot
Germany
Joined 4811 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 17 of 89
30 December 2012 at 11:33pm | IP Logged 
May I suggest to collect all the end of year reports from those who survived TAC 2012 in one thread (this one for example)? I'd really like to read about everyone's progress, but if I have to go hunting through everyone's logs I may not actually get around to it...
2 persons have voted this message useful

songlines
Pro Member
Canada
flickr.com/photos/cp
Joined 5152 days ago

729 posts - 1056 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French
Personal Language Map

Message 18 of 89
31 December 2012 at 1:23am | IP Logged 
druckfehler wrote:
May I suggest to collect all the end of year reports from those who survived TAC 2012 in one
thread (this one for example)? I'd really like to read about everyone's progress, but if I have to go hunting through
everyone's logs I may not actually get around to it...

Good suggestion, Druckfehler. I've updated my post (#10) on the previous page, with links to members' year-end
reports where available.

1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6540 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 19 of 89
31 December 2012 at 2:06am | IP Logged 
I did this too :) also added links to the latest pages of the logs without reports - zecchino's and mine.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5277 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 20 of 89
31 December 2012 at 11:33am | IP Logged 
I have also linked to the end of the year review, or to the logs to those who have not produced them yet in my post #4.

I would like us to have in mind though, that the end of the year review should only be one of many factors we take into account when we vote. Traditionally the quality of the individual logs (not to mention the humor) and the way in which the teams have inspired others and supported each other have been the basis for voting.

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 31 December 2012 at 11:34am

3 persons have voted this message useful

a3
Triglot
Bulgaria
Joined 5199 days ago

273 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: Bulgarian*, English, Russian
Studies: Portuguese, German, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Finnish

Message 21 of 89
31 December 2012 at 11:57am | IP Logged 
druckfehler wrote:
May I suggest to collect all the end of year reports from those who survived TAC 2012 in one thread (this one for example)? I'd really like to read about everyone's progress, but if I have to go hunting through everyone's logs I may not actually get around to it...
Well, here's mine: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=30497&PN=0&TPN=7 message 55
now onto reading the others', might take some time...

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4811 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 22 of 89
31 December 2012 at 1:54pm | IP Logged 
Great, thanks everyone! I also linked to them (where available) for the members of the Asian team.

Solfrid Cristin wrote:
I would like us to have in mind though, that the end of the year review should only be one of many factors we take into account when we vote. Traditionally the quality of the individual logs (not to mention the humor) and the way in which the teams have inspired others and supported each other have been the basis for voting.

That makes sense. But I suppose as not everyone can read everyone else's entire logs (or all the team logs) reading only the year-end reviews is still better than not reading anything in some of the logs.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5277 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 23 of 89
31 December 2012 at 2:12pm | IP Logged 
druckfehler wrote:
Great, thanks everyone! I also linked to them (where available) for the members of the Asian team.

Solfrid Cristin wrote:

That makes sense. But I suppose as not everyone can read everyone else's entire logs (or all the team logs) reading only the year-end reviews is still better than not reading anything in some of the logs.

Absolutely :-)

Chung
Diglot
Joined 7099 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 24 of 89
31 December 2012 at 6:01pm | IP Logged 
A summary of how I fared relative to my goals in 2012 can be found by clicking on the appropriate links in this post

This discussion contains 89 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version