Diglot
United States
Joined 5425 days ago

769 posts - 962 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Spanish, Russian, Polish, Modern Hebrew

Message 41 of 77
07 February 2011 at 9:45pm | IP Logged 
WOW I suck at Polish translation :P. Sorry bout that XP. Yeah I just deleted all my inbox messages. AGHH I FEEL SO
STUPID FOR MISTRANSLATING THAT NOW D:!

1 person has voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 7100 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 42 of 77
07 February 2011 at 10:17pm | IP Logged 
Well, you have to learn somewhere. In hindsight, I could have made myself clearer by using "...w swoim koncie" rather than "...w koncie" thus leaving no doubt that it was your account that had too many messages.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5278 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 43 of 77
08 February 2011 at 9:48am | IP Logged 
ruskivyetr wrote:
AGHH I FEEL SO
STUPID FOR MISTRANSLATING THAT NOW D:!

Join the club, and remember that even the best chefs will at some point have burned their steak. Have you ever claimed to be divinely talented, and the world's best Polish speaker? No, so no worries. We are all here to learn :-)

Magdalene
Diglot
United States
Joined 4980 days ago

119 posts - 220 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Mandarin, German, Modern Hebrew, French

Message 44 of 77
12 February 2011 at 9:37am | IP Logged 
Hey ruskivyetr! This is Magdalene (formerly thephantomgoat; I lost my password and just
decided to create a new account), your teammate for this year's TAC. I'm sorry for going
AWOL on you. I'm back and have created a new log, and I'm excited to get back into the
swing of things. I'm looking forward to watching you progress further in your chosen
languages. Ich wünsche dir viel Glück beim Sprachlernen. Bis später!

ruskivyetr
Diglot
United States
Joined 5425 days ago

769 posts - 962 votes 

Message 45 of 77
12 February 2011 at 5:56pm | IP Logged 
YAY! :D I have a team again!

I already wrote in your log but I will make sure to keep track of your progress as well and now I'm excited to stay on
the Polish focus team :).

Update:

I am going out tonight, and I won't get back until late, and I want to use all the possible time I have to study.
This means I simply won't be able to post my weekly entry until tomorrow :(. But don't worry! I've already started it,
I just have to update it with what I've completed et cetera.

ruskivyetr
Diglot
United States
Joined 5425 days ago

769 posts - 962 votes 

Message 46 of 77
15 February 2011 at 3:05am | IP Logged 
Unfortunately, my schedule has become even busier than I’ve anticipated in the past few weeks. I’ve not gotten
much done language wise (barely anything). Whenever I tell myself to get started I only have a half hour or
something like that, and I only end up getting in a half hour of study for one maybe two languages. I’ve decided
to revise my schedule, putting more important languages at a priority (even though they already were), and less
important languages at a smaller amount of time, where I won’t get as stressed. Of course I’ll need to renew my
time goals, and reenter them in my language tracker.

So here is how it shall go:

I’m going to have a three day cycle. After 2 3 day cycles, I’m going to have a “free” day, where I can catch up, and
do wander around in my languages (mostly so I can keep a “week” schedule)

Day 1: German, Farsi
Day 2: Russian, Swahili
Day 3: Polish, WILD CARD

German is for 1 hour, as is Polish and Russian. Farsi and Swahili are for a half hour as well.

With the wild card I'm probably gonna do something like throw some dice to see which language I'll do, or just do
Georgian. :)

So I’m just going to forget about this past week’s language post. Things got too complicated. I’ll write one for
both this week and last week on Saturday.

Over and out...

ruskivyetr
Diglot
United States
Joined 5425 days ago

769 posts - 962 votes 

Message 47 of 77
19 February 2011 at 7:49pm | IP Logged 
EW! I haven't done much with languages. Mostly because we have a week off this up and coming week, and my
teachers just LOVE giving us work the few days we have before a vacation. I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow, and I'll
be on the plane, so I'm hoping to get some work done.

As to my weekly log post for both this week and last week: I have positively nothing to report. It would be lying
to say I didn't do anything, but it would be lying to say that I did something.

WHICH IS WHY, I am going to forget both this week and last week. I will focus as much as I can on my languages
over break, and hopefully that will make up for some lost time.

Jetzt ein bisschen auf Deutsch:

Ich möchte nur schreiben, dass ich meinen Schreiben verbessern will. Ich denk, es ist aber schlecht, also ich
versuch hier und mit Lang 8 mehr zu schreiben. Ich schreibe nicht oft auf Deutsch, also es soll helfen. Ich weiß
noch nicht worüber ich schreiben wird, aber es wird aber gut sein :).

Regarding goals, I'm going to start writing next week's post now, stating my goals. Next week I shall fill them in,
and then post the entry.

ruskivyetr
Diglot
United States
Joined 5425 days ago

769 posts - 962 votes 

Message 48 of 77
27 February 2011 at 9:14pm | IP Logged 
So...I just got back from Florida.

I got absolutely positively nothing done.
I'm a complete failure...what else is new.
ANYWAYS. I've given up on the past three weeks, and I've decided to start a new leaf. I deleted the post I was
going to post yesterday, and I'm writing myself all new goals.

A little update: While I'm getting back into the swing of things, I decided to put Farsi and Swahili on hold for JUST
THIS WEEK ONLY. NONONONONO. I'm not NOT learning them (ellasevia would probably kill me...plus I love them
both JUST TOO MUCH). This week back from break is going to kill me, and I think that making goals for ONLY my
3 priority languages is the best way to go. Fortunately, I will still do my Anki and probably sneak in a few
minutes of study for each. REMEMBER: THIS IS FOR THIS WEEK ONLY...SO I DON'T GO MAD.

On a happier note, my vacation was blissful, and it was nice to get away from school and the like.

I was at a VERY good German restaurant, and I spoke in German practically the whole time I was there (plus the
strudel was positively to DIE for). Anyways, I'm going to write my goals for this week, do the shitload of Anki
reviews I have, and get started on some German and Russian.

This discussion contains 77 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version