Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
265 messages over 34 pages: 1 24 5 6 7 ... 3 ... 33 34 Next >>
ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5982 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 17 of 265
24 September 2009 at 2:22pm | IP Logged 
…continuação…

Acabo de lembrar que também tive a meta ontem de escutar uma lição de BrazilianPodClass. Eu fiz isto também. Agora estou fazendo a lista de vocabulário de alemão. São palavras difíceis, porque são palavras relacionadas aos carros, e como eu não sei muitas delas no inglês (porque ainda não dirijo)...

Bom dia!
1 person has voted this message useful

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5705 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 18 of 265
24 September 2009 at 6:23pm | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
Esquecei de dizer ontem que também comprei um livro de listas de freqüência portugueses ao mesmo tempo que comprei o Tao Te Ching.
I have the French and Spanish Frequency Dictionaries from Routledge and they were both really helpful, even if a solid third of the words (perhaps more) were obvious English cognates. Anyway, I imagine the Portuguese book will be just as helpful, I've thought of purchasing it several times just to see how far I could go with Portuguese, studying nothing but vocabulary and using my passive knowledge of English, French, and Spanish :P
2 persons have voted this message useful

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5982 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian

Message 19 of 265
25 September 2009 at 12:42am | IP Logged 
Crush wrote:
ellasevia wrote:
Esquecei de dizer ontem que também comprei um livro de listas de freqüência portugueses ao mesmo tempo que comprei o Tao Te Ching.
I have the French and Spanish Frequency Dictionaries from Routledge and they were both really helpful, even if a solid third of the words (perhaps more) were obvious English cognates. Anyway, I imagine the Portuguese book will be just as helpful, I've thought of purchasing it several times just to see how far I could go with Portuguese, studying nothing but vocabulary and using my passive knowledge of English, French, and Spanish :P

Great, that's good to know! Thanks!

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5982 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 

Message 20 of 265
25 September 2009 at 5:54am | IP Logged 
Thursday: Deutsch
Goal: 1 lesson of Ultimate German
Achieved: yes

Guten Abend! Good evening!

Yet another successful day, but I think I still could have used my time more wisely. I got all my homework done that is due tomorrow and did my German vocabulary (I'll talk about that in a moment), but I still could have wasted less time. But I'm getting better at it. Sorta.

I typed up my German vocabulary this morning and was horrified. MORE CAR WORDS!? This time about auto repair?! And last week's vocabulary was HIGHWAY words! What is wrong with these people who wrote this book for beginning German, giving words like das Blinklicht (turn signal), das Bremspedal (brake pedal), or die Zündkerze (spark plug) in the vocabulary list in the 14th lesson!? I'm mainly mad because I don't like learning words I don't know already in my native tongue (like "spark plug??" what the heck is that?) or don't think I am likely to use. I don't use these words even in English, and that combined with the fact that I don't drive.... Well, I learned them. I'll probably forget most of them by next week, but I "learned" them. Thank goodness next week is about a visit to the doctor's office--I could use a break from all of this automobile vocab...

In my French class today, I did badly on a listening comprehension exercise. 19/24. Terrible. :( Stupid questions being so subjective and not being answered in the audio in the first place...

In Spanish, we went over our homework. Again. How delightfully fun. Oh, yesterday we got back the "impossible" listening comprehension exercise and I got a nearly perfect score on it. I'm not sure how, but I did. Yay! We also did another, easier and much weirder listening comprehension exercise yesterday. Test tomorrow! I'm not studying for it though. We'll see how that goes. I say that because I over-prepared myself for the last test. Almost perfect score.

Oh, I felt randomly motivated a little earlier to actually truly learn about the tones of Mandarin. Now I understand the differences pretty well, but if I were to start studying, I would still have to do a lot of practice, and learn about the different sounds vowels make with different tones.

I'm not going to have a lot of time in the next few days. I was out of town last weekend and so I got behind on schoolwork a little bit. Then, on Tuesday, my great-aunt died and I'm going to have to spend a substantial amount of time this weekend at her funeral and memorial service. And then there's homework (and I am undoubtedly going to get behind again because of the funeral), so I don't know how much language studying I'll get in, if any. And I don't know if I'll have time to post here. Lots of world history and biology reading to do. [sigh]

Ich weiß nicht wie werde ich die Zeit haben zu alles machen. Gute Nacht!
(German-speakers: did I say that correctly??)

-- Philip

Edited by ellasevia on 25 September 2009 at 5:55am

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5705 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 21 of 265
25 September 2009 at 7:29am | IP Logged 
I think werde should go at the end of the phrase, but I'm not positive:
Ich weiß nicht, wie (or ob) ich die Zeit alles zu machen haben werde.

I'm not sure how the "zu machen" fits into the sentence (that's beyond what I learned in high school :P). So maybe it would be "Ich weiß nicht, wie ich die Zeit haben werde, alles zu machen."

Gute Nacht

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6276 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2, Korean*, GermanC1
Studies: Hindi, Spanish
Personal Language Map

Message 22 of 265
25 September 2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged 
Most probably, this would be the right combination and word order;

"Ich weiß nicht, wie ich die Zeit haben werde, alles zu machen"

Good luck.
2 persons have voted this message useful

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5982 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 

Message 23 of 265
25 September 2009 at 1:57pm | IP Logged 
Okay, thanks. I'm not actually that advanced in my German book yet. All of the stuff about the more complex German word order I have just inferred from seeing it used.

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5982 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 

Message 24 of 265
26 September 2009 at 7:28am | IP Logged 
Friday: Ελληνικά
Goal: 1) 1 lesson of LGWT, 2) Unit 4 Odysseas
Achieved: 1) yes, 2) yes

Θα προσπαθήσω να γράψω στα ελληνικά σήμερα, γιατί είναι η μέρα μου να σπουδάζω ελληνικά. Συγνώμη, τα ελληνικά μου δεν είναι πολύ...

Σήμερα ξύπνησα στις 5.30 το πρωί και δακτυλογράφησα το ελληνικό μου λεξιλόγιο. Μετά, διάβαζα σε λίγο το πανκοσμίο ιστορικό μου βιβλίο για τη Αρχαία Ρώμη. Ύστερα, πήγα στο σχολείο και δεν έκανα τίποτα με τα ελληνικά.

Στη γαλλική μου τάξη μιλούσαμε για τη ιστορία και μετά εξακολουθήσαμε ένα βίντεο για τον ιμπρεσιονισμό στη Γαλλία. Στη ισπανική μου τάξη είχαμε μία εξέταση που ήταν πολύ εύκολη. Μετά η δασκάλα μας είπε τί ήταν η σχολική εργασία στο σπίτι για το σαββατοκύριακο και πέρα. Είναι πολλή εργασία!

Όταν γύρισα στο σπίτι, ήτανε εδώ οι θείες και ο θείος μου για τη κηδεία. Έμαθα όλο το λεξιλόγιο και έκανα μία μόναδα από αυτό το πρόγραμμα, το Odysseas. Ήταν πολύ εύκολη και ύπηρχαν μόνο τέσσερεις λέξεις που δεν ήδη γνώρισα (αλλά αν πριν τις είχα δει, θα τις είχα καταλάβει). Πήγαμε στο μνημόσυμο (;) και...να είμαι τίμιος, ήταν φοβιτσιάρης για να δω τη θεία μου πεθαμένη...

Γυρίσαμε στο σπίτι και τελείωσα το μάθημα του αυτού το Odysseas (αλλά ακόμα πρέπει να παίρνω τη εξέταση όταν θα έχω χρόνο). Φάγαμε με ολούς τους συγγενούς μας και τώρα είναι πολή αργά η ώρα και δε ξέρω γιατί γράφω όλα αυτά τα πράγματα και δεν κοιμάμαι!

Με αυτές οι λέξεις, θα σας πω καληνύχτα.

--Philip

Edited by ellasevia on 26 September 2009 at 7:09pm

This discussion contains 265 messages over 34 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version