Diglot
United States
Joined 5425 days ago

769 posts - 962 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Spanish, Russian, Polish, Modern Hebrew

Message 73 of 77
19 September 2011 at 12:03am | IP Logged 
Well, school has started, and has slapped me in the face. I've also come down with a nasty flu, so I've been out
of the game for a bit. I've not gotten to do much in the way of languages other than German, which has mostly
been for school. The good news is my studies in school for German are now an Independent Study, so I get to
make my own plan, so all my "school German" will now merge with my "actual study", which shall hit two birds
with one stone.
1 person has voted this message useful

Magdalene
Diglot
United States
Joined 4980 days ago

119 posts - 220 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Mandarin, German, Modern Hebrew, French

Message 74 of 77
19 September 2011 at 10:51pm | IP Logged 
Ooo, congrats on the independent study! I did AP Spanish Literature as an independent study my senior year, and I got a LOT more done that I would have in a class. That year sort of prefigures my current linguistic self-study pursuits. :) Apart from that, I hope you feel better soon and that your school workload evens out.

Just curious, what have you been listening to in German lately? I've caught up on backlogged Schlaflos in München podcasts and am currently exploring offerings at WDR 5 and Deutsche Welle. From the latter site, I really like stuff like Wort der Woche, Top-Thema, usw. but as you can imagine, the new podcasts come out every couple of days at their most frequent, and I'm running low on new stuff. :P

Edited by Magdalene on 19 September 2011 at 10:52pm

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5278 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 75 of 77
21 September 2011 at 11:57pm | IP Logged 
Feel better! And remember I am here if you need anything at all in connection with Norwegian.

ruskivyetr
Diglot
United States
Joined 5425 days ago

769 posts - 962 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Spanish, Russian, Polish, Modern Hebrew

Message 76 of 77
22 September 2011 at 2:50am | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Feel better! And remember I am here if you need anything at all in connection with
Norwegian.

Takk Solfrid Cristin! Jeg søker en nya bok :P. Jeg tror at Linguaphone Norwegian er ikke så bra. Jeg vet ikke,
med hvilken bok bør jeg lære :P. Och nå er 6WC ferdig, så jeg fortsetter* med norsk.

*Ich will "fortfahren" (also wie auf Deutsch) benutzen, und das hab ich gefunden. Ist das richtig oder nicht?

Magdalene
Diglot
United States
Joined 4980 days ago

119 posts - 220 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Mandarin, German, Modern Hebrew, French

Message 77 of 77
10 November 2011 at 11:40pm | IP Logged 
I hope you're feeling better, and that school's not weighing you down too much. I look
forward to reading your update(s) when you get the time to check back with us on the
forum. :)

This discussion contains 77 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version