Joined 6279 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 17 of 67
25 November 2008 at 10:52am | IP Logged 
TheElvenLord wrote:
Hi Volte
Sorry I am a little late, as you have already started pretty much, but I just want to wish you the best of luck, and hope that you and I both continue till December 2009!

Getting one of your goals already?! That's really good! (Or you are cheating :D (Joke!))

Look forward to hearing more!

TEL

Thanks!
As for cheating - I semi-secretly hope to hit not one, but two (or, in an insanely optimistic world, three - but that's a severe long shot) of my targets before the TAC starts. How close I can get to that will play a significant role in shaping what I expect I'll be able to accomplish over the actual TAC time. I've only posted a subset of my language goals, so there's less egg to wipe off if they're far too high. :D

As for December 2009 - I intend to be in maintenance mode months before that. My goals for the year are far from exclusively language related - that's simply where I intend to most strongly focus for the next several months.

1 person has voted this message useful

TheElvenLord
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5920 days ago

915 posts - 927 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: Cornish, English*
Studies: Spanish, French, German
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 19 of 67
25 November 2008 at 11:11am | IP Logged 
I am sorry Namida, but to whom are you referring? I find no-one in this thread called LG!

Quote:
As for cheating - I semi-secretly hope to hit not one, but two (or, in an insanely optimistic world, three - but that's a severe long shot) of my targets before the TAC starts. How close I can get to that will play a significant role in shaping what I expect I'll be able to accomplish over the actual TAC time. I've only posted a subset of my language goals, so there's less egg to wipe off if they're far too high. :D

Wow, 3! You are aiming high!

Quote:
As for December 2009 - I intend to be in maintenance mode months before that. My goals for the year are far from exclusively language related - that's simply where I intend to most strongly focus for the next several months.

Oh right, but your log will carry on, no?

I need to come off this now, I should be studying, but I keep getting drawn into the forum ... again!

TEL

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6279 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 

Message 20 of 67
25 November 2008 at 11:23am | IP Logged 
I'm LG; it's one of namida's names for me.

My log will carry on - it's not like I'm going to delete it. I'll just try to actually keep it to minor things that amuse me, milestones, and so forth, delving into details when asked, rather than having it made into a more readable version of my scribbled and detailed paper log.

As for being drawn to the forum/namida's post: what can I say? I'm taking a day of downtime after 7 days of intensive study. My brain is demanding a rest today.

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6279 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 

Message 22 of 67
25 November 2008 at 11:33am | IP Logged 
namida wrote:
Volte wrote:
I'm LG; it's one of namida's names for me.

Good luck, LG, with your d-Esperanto and everything else. I've been having some fun, too. Sorry, I can't be serious about anything, except for being the least serious possible. You'll have read this message before I am banned, I hope.

Yes, I did. Enjoy your Yume!

TheElvenLord
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5920 days ago

915 posts - 927 votes 
1 sounds

Message 23 of 67
25 November 2008 at 2:28pm | IP Logged 
I am sorry Namida, but could you tell me why you are so sure that you are going to get banned? You say this on a large number of posts, but I havn't seen anything that would get you banned really?

Quote:
My log will carry on - it's not like I'm going to delete it. I'll just try to actually keep it to minor things that amuse me, milestones, and so forth, delving into details when asked, rather than having it made into a more readable version of my scribbled and detailed paper log.

Excellent. I am also keeping a paper log, with minutes and details etc. which will, undoubtebly, turn into a mess, and being a perfectionist and not being able to stand the messiness, I will re-write it about 7 times during it's life! :D

TEL

TheElvenLord
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5920 days ago

915 posts - 927 votes 
1 sounds

Message 24 of 67
29 November 2008 at 8:20am | IP Logged 
How you doing now Volte?

TEL

This discussion contains 67 messages over 9 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version