United Kingdom
tinyurl.com/aberdeen
Joined 5482 days ago

199 posts - 317 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 10
04 August 2011 at 12:51pm | IP Logged 
I am looking for a resource that will save me some work. I am currently working through Assimil Spanish with Ease and Practice Makes Perfect Spanish Verb Tenses.

I am planning to make Anki decks of these, but wondered first if anyone had previously done so and would be willing to share these, which would save me some time.

Thanks

Jim

Edited by JimC on 04 August 2011 at 12:52pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

amethyst32
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5584 days ago

118 posts - 198 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Portuguese, French

Message 2 of 10
04 August 2011 at 6:13pm | IP Logged 
Hi Jim

JimC wrote:

I am planning to make Anki decks of these, but wondered first if anyone had previously done so and would be willing to share these, which would save me some time.

Thanks

Jim

Honestly, I think that's the best way, even if you can find them ready made. I'm an avid anki user and I know that cards and decks which I make for myself don't take much repetition before they sink in, while the ready made ones took so much more viewing before they stuck that there was just zero efficiency in it. Even though they looked like a quick fix at first I think they wasted time in the end. Still, it might be different for you though.

Good luck anyway.

1 person has voted this message useful

JimC
United Kingdom
tinyurl.com/aberdeen
Joined 5482 days ago

199 posts - 317 votes 

Message 3 of 10
04 August 2011 at 6:45pm | IP Logged 
amethyst32 wrote:
Hi Jim

JimC wrote:

I am planning to make Anki decks of these, but wondered first if anyone had
previously done so and would be willing to share these, which would save me some time.

Thanks

Jim

Honestly, I think that's the best way, even if you can find them ready made. I'm an
avid anki user and I know that cards and decks which I make for myself don't take much
repetition before they sink in, while the ready made ones took so much more viewing
before they stuck that there was just zero efficiency in it. Even though they looked
like a quick fix at first I think they wasted time in the end. Still, it might be
different for you though.

Good luck anyway.

I appreciate the point and agree to an extent. However I am looking for decks for
specific books that I have studied. I wouldn't simply want someone's generic Spanish
deck

I feel that I could save time without compromising the learning process.

Jim

fiziwig
United States
Joined 4800 days ago

297 posts - 618 votes 

Message 4 of 10
05 August 2011 at 7:40am | IP Logged 
amethyst32 wrote:
Hi Jim

JimC wrote:

Thanks

Jim

Honestly, I think that's the best way, even if you can find them ready made. I'm an avid anki user and I know that cards and decks which I make for myself don't take much repetition before they sink in, while the ready made ones took so much more viewing before they stuck that there was just zero efficiency in it.
---snip---

I second the motion. When I started Spanish I downloaded a handful of Spanish Anki decks to try out. In the end my own deck, made as a went along, was much more effective. I ended up tossing out the ready made decks. Also, for what it's worth, I made my Anki decks Spanish-Spanish instead of Spanish-English. I'm trying to keep English out of my Spanish studies as much as possible.

--gary

JimC
United Kingdom
tinyurl.com/aberdeen
Joined 5482 days ago

199 posts - 317 votes 

Message 5 of 10
05 August 2011 at 11:12am | IP Logged 
fiziwig wrote:
amethyst32 wrote:
Hi Jim

JimC wrote:

Thanks

Jim

Honestly, I think that's the best way, even if you can find them ready made. I'm an avid anki user and I know that cards and decks which I make for myself don't take much repetition before they sink in, while the ready made ones took so much more viewing before they stuck that there was just zero efficiency in it.
---snip---

I second the motion. When I started Spanish I downloaded a handful of Spanish Anki decks to try out. In the end my own deck, made as a went along, was much more effective. I ended up tossing out the ready made decks. Also, for what it's worth, I made my Anki decks Spanish-Spanish instead of Spanish-English. I'm trying to keep English out of my Spanish studies as much as possible.

--gary

I agree with you both, I also did the same, getting rid of downloaded decks in favour of my own. I do however think that as the decks I am looking for relate to particular books, they would likely be very similar to the ones I might make myself and would therfore be genuinely time saving.

From the lack of responses, it doesn't appear that they are out there anyway, so looks like I will have to go for it myself.

Jim

t123
Diglot
South Africa
https://github.com/t
Joined 5546 days ago

139 posts - 226 votes 
Speaks: English*, Afrikaans

Message 6 of 10
05 August 2011 at 12:41pm | IP Logged 
A while back someone on the forum uploaded a whole stack of Assimil books in JMemorize format. Last time I checked the thread wasn't unavailable, but I've
uploaded the original + excel version for Spanish here: http://ifile.it/1yw2guq

It looks like it's only the conversation part and I have no idea which Assimil version this is. It also looks like it's just the Spanish side.
2 persons have voted this message useful

JimC
United Kingdom
tinyurl.com/aberdeen
Joined 5482 days ago

199 posts - 317 votes 

Message 7 of 10
05 August 2011 at 2:00pm | IP Logged 
t123 wrote:
A while back someone on the forum uploaded a whole stack of Assimil books in JMemorize format. Last time I checked the thread wasn't unavailable, but I've
uploaded the original + excel version for Spanish here: http://ifile.it/1yw2guq

It looks like it's only the conversation part and I have no idea which Assimil version this is. It also looks like it's just the Spanish side.

Many Thanks, this looks familiar, so I think it is the version that I am using. Only the Spanish side as you say, but will certainly be time saving

Jim

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5470 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 8 of 10
07 August 2011 at 2:07am | IP Logged 
I was making myself an Anki deck from Assimil's Spanish With Ease, but I stalled about halfway through the book and Spanish has been on the back-burner since. Finding a completed Assimil Anki deck would be a great incentive to start tackling Spanish again since I suspect that entering data into the deck was part of what sapped my motivation so quickly.

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version